USC MSW 2017

TAN_491

Hello all,

I submitted my application on 10/17. I sent my transcripts on 10/20 and was just wondering if anyone knows if I will receive a notification when my application is complete or under faculty review? 

Thanks in advance! 

• 2 months later...

Hey I applied to USC for their MSW program on January 20th, 2017. Received a notification that my application is under review right now and they'll let me know in 2-4 months. Hopefully they reach an early decision. My stats aren't that great. 2.8 GPA, being a bio major screwed me over. But I'm a super strong writer so hopefully my personal statement, letters of rec and experience redeem me in some ways, made the dean's list in my last two semesters so hopefully they notice all of this. Wish you the best of luck!

Hi all,

I applied in December and got an email requesting an interview online with pre-recorded questions. Has anyone been interviewed? What does an interview mean? I didn't know USC requires interviews and I'm kinda nervous right now.

On 1/29/2017 at 0:33 PM, fkk16672 said:

Hey I applied to USC for their MSW program on January 20th, 2017. Received a notification that my application is under review right now and they'll let me know in 2-4 months. Hopefully they reach an early decision. My stats aren't that great. 2.8 GPA, being a bio major screwed me over. But I'm a super strong writer so hopefully my personal statement, letters of rec and experience redeem me in some ways, made the dean's list in my last two semesters so hopefully they notice all of this. Wish you the best of luck!

When I spoke to the admissions counselor she said that they take into consideration your GPA for your last 60 semester units and major GPA. Also, she said that we would hear a decision between mid January and early February, so it should be anytime soon I hope! Last year applicants heard as early as February 2, I'm so nervous!

On 1/29/2017 at 4:59 PM, Keeli said:

Hi all,

I applied in December and got an email requesting an interview online with pre-recorded questions. Has anyone been interviewed? What does an interview mean? I didn't know USC requires interviews and I'm kinda nervous right now.

That's odd, I didn't know they did that either. :/ Good luck though!

I completed my application for the online program on the 26th. I'm nervous! I am not sure about them 100% because they are so expensive, but their quick timeline and early start for May is super appealing. Good luck everyone!

As for the interview, I think I spoke to an admissions person very briefly about stuff, but it wasn't anything super detailed. Kind of like - what made you interested, do you think you can do online school, why now - that type of stuff. Easy peasy! No pressure. :) 

Hello everyone, I wonder if anybody received any kind of notification yet. I didn't receive any information by far. It's approaching mid February and I am so nervous now! 

Wish the best luck for all of us!

I submitted my app a few days ago. I really hope we do hear sooner than later. I too am trying to figure out how I would finance the degree.

Does anyone know how competitive it is to get admitted?

Good luck to all!!

3 hours ago, TAN_491 said:

Just wanted to update you all that at the information session they said that we should be receiving our answers this month! So it should be anytime now. :D

Wow, that's good news! Thanks for the update!

5 hours ago, TAN_491 said:

Just wanted to update you all that at the information session they said that we should be receiving our answers this month! So it should be anytime now. :D

Woah! Thank you for this!! Good luck to everyone!!!

@RacketCongradulations!

I applied in December 7th, 2016 and I am still waiting for the result. I hope the decision coming late is related to the time when we applied, rather than how competitive we are. But I don't know, I hope it is not a bad sign. 

On 2017/2/18 at 11:55 PM, 12sliders said:

Congrats! For which program??

Thanks! I applied for the two-year on-campus program.

I wonder did anybody ask for an extended time to reply to the acceptance? I think the default response time is two weeks.

1 hour ago, pandapanda said:

I wonder did anybody ask for an extended time to reply to the acceptance? I think the default response time is two weeks.

Awesome! Have you accepted their offer yet? Maybe I'll see you there (fingers crossed I get in).

13 hours ago, pandapanda said:

I didn't ask for an extended time, I just accepted the offer. However, i am pretty sure they'll give you an extension.

Also, I'm curious, did they inform you if you received any scholarships?