Sociology programs with a Criminology focus

warwick

Hi everyone! 

I'm applying to PhD programs for Fall 2017 in Sociology, with a focus on Criminal Justice/Criminology. Particularly, I am interested in researching drug policy, deviance, marijuana legalization, and policing culture/attitudes. 

I have looked into some Sociology and Criminology programs. My list Iooks something like this, which is in no particular order of preference.

Sociology:

Arizona State University

Boston University 

Brown University 

Northeastern University 

Penn State

SUNY Albany 

University of California at Irvine 

University of California at Riverside 

University of Colorado at Boulder 

Washington State University 

Criminology:

SUNY Albany

Northeastern University 

Arizona State University 

Have I left out any universities, or do any of my choices not fit due to my research interests? Any recommendations from top 10 Ivy schools to top 50 safety schools is fine. I don't think I have the profile for Ivy league schools, but I'm sure I can get into some middle programs. Please and thanks everyone!

Edited by warwick

Thanks everyone, I don't know if there are any under 20 ranked programs that I should look at for a safety school. I have a couple 1-10 programs that I am applying to but I'm worried I don't have enough safety schools. 

In case people were wondering, my profile is:

GPA: 3.45

GRE: V-154 Q-152 AWA-5.0

I will have 3 strong LOR and a kickass SOP and Writing sample. I also have 6/7 years of relevant work experience.

• 2 weeks later...

I would add Rutgers. Hirschfield and some other folks are doing a lot of great work there in soc/crim. 

On 11/1/2016 at 11:44 AM, warwick said:

Hi everyone! 

I'm applying to PhD programs for Fall 2017 in Sociology, with a focus on Criminal Justice/Criminology. Particularly, I am interested in researching drug policy, deviance, marijuana legalization, and policing culture/attitudes. 

I have looked into some Sociology and Criminology programs. My list Iooks something like this, which is in no particular order of preference.

Sociology:

Arizona State University

Boston University 

Brown University 

Northeastern University 

Penn State

SUNY Albany 

University of California at Irvine 

University of California at Riverside 

University of Colorado at Boulder 

Washington State University 

Criminology:

SUNY Albany

Northeastern University 

Arizona State University 

Have I left out any universities, or do any of my choices not fit due to my research interests? Any recommendations from top 10 Ivy schools to top 50 safety schools is fine. I don't think I have the profile for Ivy league schools, but I'm sure I can get into some middle programs. Please and thanks everyone!

• 3 weeks later...