Prof evaluation - ChE/Materials Science PhD

throwaway1463

Undergrad institution: Top 5 US private university  

BS GPA: 3.52/4.00 (ChE)

MS GPA: 3.65/4.00 (ChE)

Research experience: 2 years undergrad (2 papers as 3rd, 4th author - Nature, JACS), 1 year MS research project 

GRE: 170M/161V/5W

Lots of relevant engineering internship/work experience

Applying to for PhD either Materials Science or ChE: MIT, Stanford, Berkeley, Princeton, Cornell, UCSD, UT Austin

I've worked in industry and completed a Master's and have plenty of research experience, just a little concerned with the lower grades? Any point in adding a few other schools to apply to? Looking for ideas on which ones with decent energy research in ChE/Materials, and are easier to get into. USC? Northwestern? Thanks. 

• 2 months later...
On 11/13/2016 at 3:11 PM, throwaway1463 said:

Research experience: 2 years undergrad (2 papers as 3rd, 4th author - Nature, JACS), 1 year MS research project 

Applying to for PhD either Materials Science or ChE: MIT, Stanford, Berkeley, Princeton, Cornell, UCSD, UT Austin

I've worked in industry and completed a Master's and have plenty of research experience, just a little concerned with the lower grades? Any point in adding a few other schools to apply to? Looking for ideas on which ones with decent energy research in ChE/Materials, and are easier to get into. USC? Northwestern? Thanks. 

Did you hear back from those schools yet?

On 11/13/2016 at 11:11 AM, throwaway1463 said:

I too would love to know if you've heard from Northwestern. They are the only school I do not have a decision from yet... 

Edited by octahedral93