Could use some helpful tips on writing SOP and a PS for Berkeley PhD program

vvvd

Hi, are there any friendly folks out there who could review/critique my SOP and Personal Statement?  They are less than two pages each. 

I'm applying to UC Berkeley's ESPM PhD Program (basically their equivalent of a Conservation Biology program). I've been tempted to use an online SOP critique service, but don't know if those can be trusted. And I haven't found anyone (professors, career advisors, etc.) at my alma mater who would critique this for me in time for the deadline... am getting a bit anxious, but not loosing hope that help can be found somewhere :)

It would be nice to have a fellow-biologist look over my drafts with a fresh eye and, at the very least, share their thoughts on whether/how the essays can be streamlined a bit. 

Thanks in advance!!!

Edited by vvvd

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/16/2016 at 10:37 AM, vvvd said:

Hi, are there any friendly folks out there who could review/critique my SOP and Personal Statement?  They are less than two pages each. 

I'm applying to UC Berkeley's ESPM PhD Program (basically their equivalent of a Conservation Biology program). I've been tempted to use an online SOP critique service, but don't know if those can be trusted. And I haven't found anyone (professors, career advisors, etc.) at my alma mater who would critique this for me in time for the deadline... am getting a bit anxious, but not loosing hope that help can be found somewhere :)

It would be nice to have a fellow-biologist look over my drafts with a fresh eye and, at the very least, share their thoughts on whether/how the essays can be streamlined a bit. 

Thanks in advance!!!

Hi! If you still need a feedback on your personal statement this [[link removed]] really helpful! Best of luck! B)

Edited by TakeruK
Removed link that was an advertisement

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

I'm afraid that my advice would be outdated (before of the deadline, that probably has passed). I wouldn't trust online critique services, if I were you. It's always better to find a mentor or a fellow applicant, who will help you with this. 

I would advise you to check Facebook groups, where researches are communicating with each other (it seems that there you could receive a response faster than here). You could also try G+ communities and Academia Edu.