Admission Recommendation

Sandmaster

Hi All,

I had a quick question reguarding the timelines that graduate schools typically take. I submitted my application near the beginning of October (I think it was the 5th) and got word from the department chair last week saying that the program adcom gave the graduate school a recommendation for admission. I have yet to hear anything on a formal acceptance. I was told the process would be quick once the program gave its recommendation.

I am getting nervous because the graduate school is taking quite a lot of time to even send a letter, email me, or update the application portal. Class enrollment started this week and I have no official student ID yet as they havent formally extended the admission offer.

Does the adcom recommendation mean I for sure got in, or can I still be waitlisted, or denied? Also, how long should I expect to wait for the formal decision to come?

Any info is helpful! Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure why it is taking so long. I still have not gotten anything from them. I contacted the program and they said it shouldn't be too much longer, but that was over a week ago. I am hoping that I am going to get the notification sometime this week.

If you're  saying that the adcom already recommended you for admission, then I think you're most likely accepted. Still you can't be entirely sure about it unless you receive a formal letter. And these programs can sometimes be bad at communicating with the applicants. So just hold on tight, you're gonna make it!

Even I am yet to hear back from my top program.

I am still waiting to hear from the grad school and I am in the process of applying to GA positions. It is really starting to annoy me that they wont even finalize my acceptance and yet I am expected to be applying to financial aid positions, plus submitting my FAFSA where there is no student ID, or account, to go with it.

• 2 weeks later...