Housing recommendations?

Hey guys,

I`m trying to find as best housing option as possible. The problem is I almost found a place close to Walmart and to the bus stop but looks like they don`t have a free apartment but they haven`t replied yet though.

Generally, what would you, guys, recommend? What should I look for when I`m choosing a place to live? My personal criteria are: close to the bus stop, close to grocery/superstore, has a private bathroom and of course, the reasonable rent.

Some people recommend me to arrive to the campus and then start looking for an apartment, they say I could stay at some place booked thru Airbnb, but I`m not sure if it is a good idea, since I`m afraid of being late and missing vacant apartments and also, I don`t trust much on places found on Airbnb, maybe I`m wrong, but I feel more safe at the hotel, although I can`t stay at the hotel too long since it will be too expensive.

What do you guys think? Anything from your personal experience?

My first year I lived in an apt close to campus. I rented it through the university website. You check with your campus housing dept to see if they have recommendations. My apt was furnished and close to a campus bus stop, so commuting was fairly quick and free. Once you get to know you area you'll be able to make a better decision.