Fall 2017 CANADIAN clinical psychology

BeezKnees

On January 13, 2017 at 9:23 AM, PhDPLZ said:

Thank you for the update, guess I didn't get in. :( 

On January 13, 2017 at 7:44 AM, HPPHD said:

I did not actually, but I did speak to my supervisor who was in the meetings and spoke to other faculty members. Seven students were accepted in total, and the emails went out earlier this week.  

So far that I know, the status hasn't changed for anybody, even those that were accepted. However, if you were accepted, you would have about three emails from Dalhousie by now. 

Thanks HPPHD! PhDPLZ, let's not loose hope! This is just the first round of acceptances, you might still have a chance as some of the accepted people might reject their acceptance.

9 hours ago, Neposydko said:

Thanks HPPHD! PhDPLZ, let's not loose hope! This is just the first round of acceptances, you might still have a chance as some of the accepted people might reject their acceptance.

I wish I had your optimism !

Is anyone familiar with Western's selection process? I'm curious as to how they come up with their shortlist, especially since applicants aren't obligated to submit a CV if I recall correctly. Also, do faculty members choose their own applicants to interview or is it done by a committee? 

9 minutes ago, FacelessMage said:

Has anyone who applied to Ryerson gotten an invitation to the visiting day yet? It says that invitations would have gone out no later than January 15.

I haven't gotten one, but I think that date might be wrong because one faculty member told me that she wasn't submitting her shortlist to the department until January 15th or 16th. 

15 minutes ago, hsnl said:

I haven't gotten one, but I think that date might be wrong because one faculty member told me that she wasn't submitting her shortlist to the department until January 15th or 16th. 

Yeah I did wonder about this, since I only spoke with my POI last Tuesday, and he said that he had a few other applicants to interview with for the rest of the week. 

22 minutes ago, FacelessMage said:

Yeah I did wonder about this, since I only spoke with my POI last Tuesday, and he said that he had a few other applicants to interview with for the rest of the week. 

My other POI actually didn't contact me for an interview until this week, so it seems like they're running a bit behind. 

1 hour ago, FacelessMage said:

Has anyone who applied to Ryerson gotten an invitation to the visiting day yet? It says that invitations would have gone out no later than January 15.

I have an interview to Ryerson this week, and my POI has told me that she'd be extending the invite to the visiting day after she'd made her short-list following the preliminary interviews

21 minutes ago, prospectclin said:

does anyone know how many applicants POIs typically interview? feeling pretty bummed that i haven't heard from any schools abt an interview yet and was just wondering...

I think most will shortlist 3-4 applicants if they plan on taking one student. For preliminary interviews, it can be more... I think one of my POIs interviewed 11 in order to get a shortlist of 3 people. 

Dont give up hope yet :) 

Updates on York University: I don't think any shortlist has been sent out yet, and I don't think faculty members have begun to meet with prospective students yet. The Open House for Clinical and Clinical-Developmental was around February 12th of last year so presumably those of you who have applied may hear back late January/early February.

On 1/12/2017 at 9:06 AM, PsychLass said:

Hi Everyone :) 

I'm an international applicant applying to a few schools in Toronto. Does anyone know anything about the interview days at UTSC; I've no idea what the format might be like over the Canada. If anyone has any insight and was happy to share, I'd really appreciate it!

Best of luck to everyone - it's a stressful, but exciting, time!

^UTSC tend to have interviews where prospective applicants go through a roundtable of meeting several of the core clinical faculty members, even those that you didn't include on your statement as prospective PIs.

Hope that helps! 

Hey everyone, I got an email invite from adult clinical at Windsor for a preliminary skype interview and an invite to Ryerson's Visiting Day. But, I have an upcoming interview with another prof from Ryerson so some faculty there may still be conducting interviews independently.

9 hours ago, BeezKnees said:

I have an interview to Ryerson this week, and my POI has told me that she'd be extending the invite to the visiting day after she'd made her short-list following the preliminary interviews

Would you mind sharing your Ryerson POI in a PM? Thanks!

31 minutes ago, Gossamer said:

Hey everyone, I got an email invite from adult clinical at Windsor for a preliminary skype interview and an invite to Ryerson's Visiting Day. But, I have an upcoming interview with another prof from Ryerson so some faculty there may still be conducting interviews independently.

Just wondering, did your POI send you the invite to Ryerson's visiting day or was it from the department? 

My POI is still interviewing people but I'm curious. 

11 hours ago, BeezKnees said:

Would you mind PMing me your POI at Ryerson as well? Thanks! :-)

12 hours ago, Gossamer said:

Would you mind sharing your POI from both Windsor and Ryerson, Thanks! 

8 hours ago, Psych.kitty said:

Email about an interview at Windsor. Haven't heard from any other schools yet though (besides a rejection from Waterloo). 

Would you mind sharing your POI from Windsor? Thanks!

19 hours ago, PsychGrad17 said:

How I feel about Western 

Same... I had the most vivid dream last night that I got an interview at western. Needless to say I was not happy when I woke up lol