Welcome to the GradCafe

Hello!  Welcome to The GradCafe Forums.You're welcome to look around the forums and view posts.  However, like most online communities you must register before you can create your own posts.  This is a simple, free process that requires minimal information. Benefits of membership:

• Participate in discussions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Removes some advertisements (including this one!)
kekology4

Women's/Feminist/Gender Studies Fall 2017

211 posts in this topic

Thank you both! That was very helpful @hj2012

I've been offered a stipend that requires I work as a TA, RA, or graduate assistant. I don't know if it would be for the department or an individual professor. I have some meetings coming up with professors for whom I'd be interested in working as an RA, and they said they'll tell us about "research opportunities" at admit day, so we'll see!

Hi everyone! Congrats to all those who have received acceptances! I was just curious if anyone has heard anything back from UCLA? I'm wondering whether its just over now for those who haven't heard anything by this point. 

7 hours ago, ak91 said:

Hi everyone! Congrats to all those who have received acceptances! I was just curious if anyone has heard anything back from UCLA? I'm wondering whether its just over now for those who haven't heard anything by this point. 

Just got my UCLA rejection this morning by e-mail 

6 hours ago, kekology4 said:

Just got my UCLA rejection this morning by e-mail 

me, too

declined my offer at UCSC yesterday - such a hard decision because Santa Cruz was GORGEOUS. hope that opens up a spot for someone here!

Hello all! I didn't know you were here, or I would have joined the conversation earlier! Congrats to all who have been accepted to their dream programs! I am here to commiserate with those also languishing on a wait list. I was invited to Emory for the recruitment weekend and promptly rejected after floundering in one of my interviews, so now all of my hopes are riding on being accepted into Rutgers from the wait list. I called the department to check on the situation, but all I know is that those admitted have until April 15th to accept or decline, so there's not much comfort in that.  It's a long shot, but it's all of I've got at the moment. Good luck to everyone else currently on wait lists!

@kguptaa thanks for the info! i hear its so gorgeous there. 

@shrimble thanks for the congrats and good luck with rutgers. 

@Tanayamohanty4 and @kekology4, I'm sorry to hear of your rejections, but thank you for sharing.

I haven't heard anything yet, I think UCLA forgot about my application smh :/

On March 17, 2017 at 10:49 AM, shrimble said:

Hello all! I didn't know you were here, or I would have joined the conversation earlier! Congrats to all who have been accepted to their dream programs! I am here to commiserate with those also languishing on a wait list. I was invited to Emory for the recruitment weekend and promptly rejected after floundering in one of my interviews, so now all of my hopes are riding on being accepted into Rutgers from the wait list. I called the department to check on the situation, but all I know is that those admitted have until April 15th to accept or decline, so there's not much comfort in that.  It's a long shot, but it's all of I've got at the moment. Good luck to everyone else currently on wait lists!

also on the rutgers wait list - I ended up accepting another offer last week instead of waiting around for them. good luck to you!

Hello fellow feminists!

I will be starting a MSW (Master of Social Work next fall) but I want to take the Feminist and Gender Studies Graduate Option as well since my topic is really tied to feminism.

:)

where is santa cruz!!!!?????? im gunna be very old by the time i hear back from them