Fellowship Application Essay Title

Penemonie

To the extent that you need a title (you might just not have one at all), and assuming that the fellowship doesn't list another name for the document, your title sounds fine. But make sure that there isn't already some other name, which I would assume that there actually is. The requirements would probably list something like 'research statement' or 'statement of research interests'  or 'statement of purpose' or whatever else as the name of this document that you wrote; use that name if you know what it is. 

I don't put a title for my statements. But, I do include a heading in the header of the document (with my name and the page number) to keep all the files organized. I use the format:

Fellowship Name: Document Title.

So, for example, I have headings like: 

"Sagan Fellowship: Research Statement", and

"Hubble Fellowship: Past and Current Research"

52 minutes ago, TakeruK said:

I don't put a title for my statements. But, I do include a heading in the header of the document (with my name and the page number) to keep all the files organized.

This. Also, your footer should include the information "Page X out of Y", to avoid anything getting lost. Somewhere (header or footer) should also be your name.