History/History of Art and Architectural history GRE score help

England

Hi everyone,

I'll try to make this brief and I promise I have done a search to look for any advice concerning this question!  Everyone has different programs they are trying to gain admittance to however, so I felt I needed to ask specifically about my scores as they related to my academic path.  Thanks in advance for any advice you can give!

I will be applying to graduate programs directly out of undergrad.  Some masters, a couple of doctoral in History, Art and Architectural History and Public History.  

I took the GREs twice-  V  154      Q  148   W  4.0         on the first one

studied as much as I could for a month in between and retook it again last week scoring

V    152      Q    148     W  5.0

I would obviously keep the first set except for the second writing score being a 5, which is in a much higher percentile.  I have been told by one of my professors that for a history related graduate program, the writing score does carry a lot of weight.  I didn't send my scores for free on the day of the second test because I went down, but now that I received the writing score, I don't know if I should go ahead, bite the bullet and pay and send them.  Thoughts?