UNC MSW Fall 2017 Thread

moonpine

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! I am. I am a senior in a BSW program. UNC has great rankings and a great reputation. They also have a great macro track so I'm excited about that! My application is done, I just have to take the dreadful GRE. Any tips on studying?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey hey!! I am applying to the 2 year msw program at UNC Chapel Hill too!! Getting super nervous still have a lot of work to do on my personal statement. I have been reading up on the stats of people who have gotten accepted like gpa,gre,experience, and such and starting to worry!! Im retaking my GRE in the beginning of january because I didn't do so hot when I took it in November. Im looking for tips to study as well!! I scored in the 47% for verbal last time and my goal is to get that up to atleast 55%. Last time I took it I got in 38% for math so have a lot to do to get tthat up as well!!! Running out of time! yikes -_- if you hear of any tips please let me know

• 4 weeks later...

Do you all have a backup school?  I also applied to NC State and NC Central! I am a macro person all the way so I really don't want to go to a generalist program. 

No, I have decided to either go to UNC or work for a year and try again. I could go to other schools but I am Macro focused too and also would like to apply to the dual program after a one year of MSW classes. So hopefully I get in this year, if not working for a year is not so bad either. 

I submitted everything in December. Being in my senior year at undergrad and applying for MSW programs was a NIGHTMARE. I know my MSW friends received acceptance letters Mid-February last year.

On 12/23/2016 at 5:03 AM, PrayingForAcceptance!!! said:

Hey hey!! I am applying to the 2 year msw program at UNC Chapel Hill too!! Getting super nervous still have a lot of work to do on my personal statement. I have been reading up on the stats of people who have gotten accepted like gpa,gre,experience, and such and starting to worry!! Im retaking my GRE in the beginning of january because I didn't do so hot when I took it in November. Im looking for tips to study as well!! I scored in the 47% for verbal last time and my goal is to get that up to atleast 55%. Last time I took it I got in 38% for math so have a lot to do to get tthat up as well!!! Running out of time! yikes -_- if you hear of any tips please let me know

@PrayingForAcceptance!!! I don't know if this makes you feel any better after the fact, but I heard that UNC is not that serious about the GRE scores. They care a lot more about the other aspects of your application. Fingers crossed for you!

I applied to the advanced standing MSW program at UNC. My backup school is ECU. My status still shows as "submitted." I submitted it on Dec 13th. Anyone received an acceptance letter yet? I emailed one of the admission advisors and he stated that some admissions decisions have been sent out, and the rest will be sent out throughout Feb! Good luck everyone!!! :D

Hello! I'm new on here! I applied for the advanced standing MSW program at UNC, ECU and NC State! I know one of my classmates already got an acceptance letter from UNC so I am really nervous because my application still says "submitted" :(

1 hour ago, SJWMSW said:

Hello! I'm new on here! I applied for the advanced standing MSW program at UNC, ECU and NC State! I know one of my classmates already got an acceptance letter from UNC so I am really nervous because my application still says "submitted" :(

Did your classmate apply advanced standing?

3 hours ago, SJWMSW said:

Was it an actual letter or an update in the admissions portal?