UNC MSW Fall 2017 Thread

moonpine

I was notified by email around noon Fri to check the admissions portal. I was not accepted into the Advanced Standing MSW Program. I am so sad. UNC is my dream school. I am going to call to see how my application could have been improved. But, I do have my acceptance from ECU. Good luck everyone!

On February 26, 2017 at 1:04 AM, wildflower17 said:

I was notified by email around noon Fri to check the admissions portal. I was not accepted into the Advanced Standing MSW Program. I am so sad. UNC is my dream school. I am going to call to see how my application could have been improved. But, I do have my acceptance from ECU. Good luck everyone!

Oh no Im sorry to hear that! ECU is still a really great choice though! 

Heard back this morning and am so excited to announce that I got into the 2 year full-time MSW program! Hopefully everyone will hear back soon but this thread was so helpful for me so I thought I'd let y'all know. I really appreciate how UNC takes all the parts of the application when making their decision. I definitely had weaker quantitative scores and overall GPA but thankfully they did not hold that against me and focused on my experience and success in other areas. Good luck to everyone and let me know if you have any questions. 

5 hours ago, Hummingbird7 said:

Heard back this morning and am so excited to announce that I got into the 2 year full-time MSW program! Hopefully everyone will hear back soon but this thread was so helpful for me so I thought I'd let y'all know. I really appreciate how UNC takes all the parts of the application when making their decision. I definitely had weaker quantitative scores and overall GPA but thankfully they did not hold that against me and focused on my experience and success in other areas. Good luck to everyone and let me know if you have any questions. 

Congrats thats so exciting! When did you apply?

16 hours ago, Hummingbird7 said:

Congrats! So happy for you. :) Thanks for reporting back to let us know! 

Hey guys! I'd really lost hope once February ended, but I got an email to check my portal around 11 am today and was accepted to the 2-year program! Anyone still waiting, absolutely don't give up yet!! It seems like they're still sending out a lot of acceptances through early March. This thread has been so incredibly comforting and helpful to me, and I can't wait to meet a lot of you next year!

Have most people found out now, or are most still waiting to hear? It's odd the way they seem to send out decisions piecemeal when it's not rolling decision/in order by application date. I really want to know if I'm moving in a few short months. 

15 hours ago, moonpine said:

Have most people found out now, or are most still waiting to hear? It's odd the way they seem to send out decisions piecemeal when it's not rolling decision/in order by application date. I really want to know if I'm moving in a few short months. 

I'm still waiting. :/

On March 1, 2017 at 4:27 PM, Hummingbird7 said:

Congrats thats so exciting! When did you apply?

44 minutes ago, Alina38 said:

I'm still waiting. :/

me too! 

I just found out this morning that I got into the 2-year program!! I am so happy y'all. I applied on 12/13, the early action deadline. Heard back this morning via an email to check the portal. My biggest weakness was definitely my quantitative GRE score, but everything else was pretty good :) Feel free to ask any questions.

3 hours ago, moonpine said:

Congrats @Alina38!!! So exciting. Do you mind sharing your stats/areas of study interest?

Stats: GPA 3.96/4, Q153, V165, and AW5.5. 

I'm interested in play therapy, trauma focused systems, home visiting, and integrated health care. 

My letter said that the scholarship application is going live at the end of the week, so I'm not sure if that means everyone will hear back by Friday? I sure hope so. 

On 3/8/2017 at 8:39 PM, Alina38 said:

Stats: GPA 3.96/4, Q153, V165, and AW5.5. 

I'm interested in play therapy, trauma focused systems, home visiting, and integrated health care. 

My letter said that the scholarship application is going live at the end of the week, so I'm not sure if that means everyone will hear back by Friday? I sure hope so. 

Will you let us know when you receive the scholarship link? I was admitted into the 2 year and wait listed for the advanced standing and still haven't recieved the scholarship application. Thanks!

1 hour ago, mcfall17 said:

Will you let us know when you receive the scholarship link? I was admitted into the 2 year and wait listed for the advanced standing and still haven't recieved the scholarship application. Thanks!

Absolutely! And here is a quote from my letter regarding the application: " A link for the SSW Scholarship Application for 2017-2018 will be emailed to admitted applicants by the end of the week from the UNC Qualtrics system. The application deadline is Friday, March 31, 2017. Award notifications will be communicated with all admitted students by April 11th"

1 minute ago, Alina38 said:

Absolutely! And here is a quote from my letter regarding the application: " A link for the SSW Scholarship Application for 2017-2018 will be emailed to admitted applicants by the end of the week from the UNC Qualtrics system. The application deadline is Friday, March 31, 2017. Award notifications will be communicated with all admitted students by April 11th"

Great! Thank you so much!

9 hours ago, mcfall17 said:

I got the application via email this afternoon. Just letting you know! 

• 1 month later...