How should I interpret professor's response on the letter of recommendation request?

booba

I just got an email from my professor saying
'Can you send me your CV and the copy of unofficial transcript. That will help me to write a letter'

I did reply him back with documents but does this mean he is positive about writing  me a letter of recommendation?

Yes, one of my professors did that, too and he absolutely adores me. I think it just helps them realize what strengths you are enforcing in your app and then they tailor their letter around those strengths. 

That's pretty standard - they want to know a bit more about your background so that they can speak to your strengths and (if need be) show how they outweigh your weaknesses (bad semester, lack of research experience, change of major, etc). If you have it, I would suggest sending a draft of your SOP as well.

Yes, this is a very good reply to a LOR request. This means they actually care enough to want to see your materials so that they write a good letter that matches what you are sending to the school. It is much better than a simple "yes" and then relying on their memory to write about you!