ScoreSelect Option

BilboSwaggins

Hey guys,

So I'm happy with my verbal and analytical writing scores, but the quantitative is not quite where I'd like it to be.  Can I take the GRE and only do the quantitative sections?  This would help avoid 'fatigue' and save time.  And if I do that, am I correct that schools will only see my highest scores from each section?  

Different schools handle scores in a different way. However, with scoreselect, schools will see ALL scores that you've submitted. (You can choose to submit all tests or one particular test but you can't choose to submit certain sections from different tests.)

Some schools do consider how well you've improved your scores from a previous test.

You can check the GRE FAQ for more answers, but no, if you retake the test you take the whole thing again. But you can choose which ones you end up sending, as in from your first try or from the second one.

Edited by Yanaka

On 12/4/2016 at 10:45 AM, BilboSwaggins said:

Hey guys,

So I'm happy with my verbal and analytical writing scores, but the quantitative is not quite where I'd like it to be.  Can I take the GRE and only do the quantitative sections?  This would help avoid 'fatigue' and save time.  And if I do that, am I correct that schools will only see my highest scores from each section?  

This is totally unrelated and I hope you figured out your scores (I agree with others that you can only retake the entire test, not just sections sadly. I would also have loved to have done this), but I really just wanted to say I love your name BilboSwaggins haha thanks for making me laugh during application crunch time