ETS says GRE scores sent and delivered, only 1/8 schools have confirmed they have them

jobrandt

Trying to stay organized with all my apps, I contacted all my schools to see whether or not they had my GRE scores that I sent out 3+ weeks ago. Only one (vanderbilt) were able to confirm that they had my scores. The other 7 told me that my institution and department codes were correct but that they did not have my scores.

I called the GRE and they told me that the scores were flagged as sent and delivered and that there wasn't anything they could do.

Has anyone had this happen to them??

Are you contacting the graduate schools or the departments that you're applying to? Either way, there is often a time delay between the schools receiving the scores and then attaching these scores to your applications. There's sometimes an extra step between the school doing it and then your department getting the file with the information. 

Has the deadlines for these applications passed yet? If not, I would wait until a couple of days prior to the deadline to check again. And I would contact people in both the school-level and the department-level.

1 hour ago, jobrandt said:

Trying to stay organized with all my apps, I contacted all my schools to see whether or not they had my GRE scores that I sent out 3+ weeks ago. Only one (vanderbilt) were able to confirm that they had my scores. The other 7 told me that my institution and department codes were correct but that they did not have my scores.

I called the GRE and they told me that the scores were flagged as sent and delivered and that there wasn't anything they could do.

Has anyone had this happen to them??

Just curious--and not sure if it matters--did you already submit the rest of your app? I did not have any problem with ETS, but I sent my scores right after I submitted my app. I wonder if you didn't send your app yet, your scores may be sitting at the school and they don't have an app file to "marry" it up with yet? I hope you get it sorted out.

Edited by Quickmick

2 hours ago, Quickmick said:

I wonder if you didn't send your app yet, your scores may be sitting at the school and they don't have an app file to "marry" it up with yet?

That is what happened to me at one of the schools I applied to. When my application was submitted, the status for my GRE scores changed about 2 days later although I had sent the school my scores three weeks earlier.

• 2 weeks later...

I takes time for the universities to match the received scores to your graduate application. Please wait for a week, then you can mail the admissions office to remind them to match your missing scores. I reminded once and the scores were matched to my profile the next day.