Fall 2017 Developmental Psychology Ph.D. Applicants

delineation

Hi everyone! I've been quietly scouring this site for the last couple years, actually, and now that I've officially applied for the Fall 2017 cycle, I figured I'd start this thread up! Especially since I haven't seen a similar thread for this cycle yet. :)

I applied to 7 Ph.D. programs:

- Boston College
- NYU
- Penn State
- Rutgers
- UChicago
- University of Maryland
- USC

... And 1 Master's program (the concentration was in an area my research interests are related to) at Teacher's College.

Feel free to divulge whatever details you'd like to share here! And once interview rounds start approaching and decisions start pouring in, questions and other related things are more than welcome! 

Hi! I'm an international student from Chile. I applied to 11 programs: 

UC Berkeley, UPenn, UW-Madison, Pitt, UNC, Oregon, CU Boulder, U of Boston, UC Davis, Minnesota, Columbia (Teacher's College). 

Last Wednesday I receive an invitation to Skype interview from POI from UC Berkeley. On Thursday I had the interview and it was pretty good.

Oh yes, FYI, feel free to leave posts and replies if you're also applying to human development programs! I apologize if "developmental psychology" on the subject line seemed too specific (I, too, actually applied for a couple human development programs among the schools that I listed above). Wishing everyone the best of luck! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I received interview invitations from UC Berkeley (Developmental; Skype with 3 Faculty + 3 Lab members); CU-Boulder (Cognition; Skype with POI; next on campus on Jan 23); UW-Madison (Developmental; Skype with POI and Lab member); Boston University (Developmental; Skype with POI). 

Has anyone heard from Pittsburgh (Developmental), UPenn (Developmental) UC-Davis(Developmental), Minnesota (Child Psychology), or Columbia (Teacher's College)? 

Good luck to you all! 

16 hours ago, Salander said:

Hi!

I received interview invitations from UC Berkeley (Developmental; Skype with 3 Faculty + 3 Lab members); CU-Boulder (Cognition; Skype with POI; next on campus on Jan 23); UW-Madison (Developmental; Skype with POI and Lab member); Boston University (Developmental; Skype with POI). 

Has anyone heard from Pittsburgh (Developmental), UPenn (Developmental) UC-Davis(Developmental), Minnesota (Child Psychology), or Columbia (Teacher's College)? 

Good luck to you all! 

Congrats @Salander on UC-Berkeley, etc! I received a phone call on Thursday from a POI that I was accepted into UMN's Child Psychology program, and visiting weekend will be Feb 23-25. They didn't mention the timeline of sending out acceptances, but it appeared the department had already met to make decisions. The application website has not changed admissions status, but more official information should be sent soon.

Edited by netwerk

3 hours ago, netwerk said:

Congrats @Salander on UC-Berkeley, etc! I received a phone call on Thursday from a POI that I was accepted into UMN's Child Psychology program, and visiting weekend will be Feb 23-25. They didn't mention the timeline of sending out acceptances, but it appeared the department had already met to make decisions. The application website has not changed admissions status, but more official information should be sent soon.

Congrats @netwerk on your acceptance! and thank you for the info!