Fall 2017 Developmental Psychology Ph.D. Applicants

delineation

POI at Pitt told me that they are 'still sorting out applications'. Also I got a rejection from UC-Berkeley (so close!) and an acceptance from CU-Boulder (very happy about that one!).

Hello!

Feeling very nervous so I figured I'd post here. Applied to:

-Columbia (PhD)

-Tufts: Eliot Pearson (PhD) -- Received an email that app was "impressive", but that spots were filled by applicants holding Master's (I'm too ambitious). Was told that they will consider me for Masters and I should hear back around 02/15.

-Chicago: Comparative Human Development (PhD)

-Pittsburgh (PhD)

-University of Alberta (Social and Cultural 1st choice; Developmental Science PhD 2nd)

-NYU (Masters)

As well as another Social & Health Program (PhD) and Columbia QMSS

Not really expecting anything, but it is a little disheartening hearing that most invites have been sent. Looked through the results page for previous years, so it seems some programs haven't sent invites yet but who knows. 

FYI for anyone wondering about NYU's Ph.D. programs, they've already sent invites out and acceptance weekend is next week, I believe.

I unfortunately wasn't given an offer for the development psych program (inefficient funding among other things), so I will now be considered for NYU'S HDSI program. If I hear any other updates in that area, I'll be sure to keep everyone posted.

Also decision emails for USC were sent out a few days ago! Just another FYI.

To clarify, NYU Steinhardt Applied Psychology interviews are this weekend (feb 9-10). They have invited an initial shortlist of applicants, of whom they will choose about 25% to offer admission to. 

Edited by 01848p

On 2/8/2017 at 0:01 AM, 01848p said:

To clarify, NYU Steinhardt Applied Psychology interviews are this weekend (feb 9-10). They have invited an initial shortlist of applicants, of whom they will choose about 25% to offer admission to. 

Ah okay, thanks for the clarification! Good luck to interviewees/prospective Steinhardt students! :)

Hey guys! I just applied to developmental psych at Loyola and someone in the list asked who my POI is. I put Wakefield and Gamez in my SOP but was contacted by Li-Grining and she just wanted a call! But it was postponed and now I'm dying to know what it's about! Ah!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all! I'm currently really struggling trying to decide which program to attend next year. Would anyone be willing to talk things through with me? I have narrowed it down to two options, but now I'm totally stuck between the two.

2 hours ago, 01848p said:

Hi all! I'm currently really struggling trying to decide which program to attend next year. Would anyone be willing to talk things through with me? I have narrowed it down to two options, but now I'm totally stuck between the two.

Hey! If you want to have an outside opinion, I'd be happy to give my input! :)

17 hours ago, 01848p said:

14 hours ago, Kayce said:

Hey! If you want to have an outside opinion, I'd be happy to give my input! :)

^ Same! :)