Hi!
I'm a student of English Studies from Poland and this year I'm writing my BA dissertation on "The Influence of the Norman Invasion on English Language". In the 1st chapter I wanted to present how Old English and Norman French looked like before the invasion but I lack any information on the latter. If you could direct me to some websites, books, or articles on the topic, I would appreciate it very much. These may include linguistic records of the language of Normans and the language before the Vikings had settled in Normandy.
Thanks in advance!

PS. Perhaps some of you are able to translate the above into French. If you could, I would post this on some French speaking blogs and maybe receive some feedback there as well.

• 2 months later...
On 12/10/2016 at 2:13 PM, swear95 said:

Hi!
I'm a student of English Studies from Poland and this year I'm writing my BA dissertation on "The Influence of the Norman Invasion on English Language". In the 1st chapter I wanted to present how Old English and Norman French looked like before the invasion but I lack any information on the latter. If you could direct me to some websites, books, or articles on the topic, I would appreciate it very much. These may include linguistic records of the language of Normans and the language before the Vikings had settled in Normandy.
Thanks in advance!

PS. Perhaps some of you are able to translate the above into French. If you could, I would post this on some French speaking blogs and maybe receive some feedback there as well.

I know it's super late but I can translate your message in French if you still need the help.