Fall 2017 Counseling Psychology Applicants

Le Chat

On 1/23/2017 at 10:20 PM, psychlifer said:

Was wondering if anyone has heard from the University of Kansas or Colorado State yet? Anxiously awaiting any word from those....

Good luck to all!

I got my rejection email from Kansas today. I'm not sure if interview invites have gone out yet.

7 minutes ago, abnumber5 said:

I got my rejection email from Kansas today. I'm not sure if interview invites have gone out yet.

That stinks, I'm sorry. I emailed them today and they said all applications were still being reviewed by the committee so I guess we'll all hear soon. 

Now that interviews are approaching for many of us, how are you all preparing? I've found a lot of helpful information from the APA, granted for Clinical Psychology interviews. I thought about writing down answers to potential questions all across the board, not memorizing though. Currently studying POI's work as much as is healthy. lol

11 minutes ago, phdcalling said:

was it a mass email or by poi?

Not sure. It was an attached letter to an email from the Operations administrator. Had my name but rest looked like a generic template. So I'm not certain if it was a mass email of if its being sent out as POIs finalize who'd the like to invite.

Edited by 8BitJourney

10 hours ago, gradskool24 said:

Do we think Teachers College at Columbia is done sending out invites? 

I don't know what to think....someone posted that invites would go out today but no one posted about getting an invite today. 

Edited by CounselingPsychPHD

School name: University of Oklahoma

Date interview invite received: 1/27

Degree/Type: Counseling Master's

Notified via: email

Interview date: March 31st

Comments: Deferred from Counseling Psychology to this program. Professional counseling program leading to licensure.

Hey everyone! I've been following the clinical psych forum, but I did apply to Counselling (Project) at McGill and I have an interview set up for Monday. This is my first year applying to grad school, and my first interview. Has anyone interviewed at McGill? Even if you have had interviews with other schools, would anyone be so kind as to message me/reply to this comment with tips and FYI's for grad school interviews? I would much appreciate it! Best of luck to everyone with their respective applications! 

6 minutes ago, Psyched56 said:

Having trouble following the thread - can anyone confirm if NYU has finished extending interview offers? Assuming so since the interview is a week from Friday?

When they sent out invites it was a generic letter so it may have been a mass email. But you should call to confirm, they're pretty helpful.

On 1/23/2017 at 11:20 PM, psychlifer said:

Was wondering if anyone has heard from the University of Kansas or Colorado State yet? Anxiously awaiting any word from those....

Good luck to all!

I received an invitation via email from Colorado State on the 24th to their interview weekend (night of Feb. 8th-morning of Feb, 10th).

Hi all, it's my first time applying counseling psychology. I noticed that most of you are discussing phd program. But I applied to 3 master program: Minnesota twin city, Ohio University, and University of Oregon. I don't know how difficult/competitive to get in a master program of counselling psychology. I haven't heard anything yet. Do you think it's necessary to apply to more programs? Because some master programs have relatively later deadline, and I still have time to apply.