Women's Studies 2010

TerriM,

I also applied to Oxford's Women Studies program! Did you apply for the November 20 cycle?

I did. I just got a letter saying I'm being reevaluated too. Better than a rejection!

Edited by TerriM

I applied to WashU's program in English with a certificate in Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies. So far, I've heard from WashU and I'm on the waiting list for admission. It's amazing how much better I feel knowing someone is interested in my application.

I received a rejection letter from Michigan's English/Women's Studies program today. It was a relatively kind letter - a pleasant surprise! They said they were looking to enroll 2 out of 50+ applicants.

Good luck, everyone!

Edited by lady_coffee

Any one who has applied for women's or gender studies in 2010? I have applied for the programs at Emory, IU Bloomington, UT Austin. So far no feedback.

i've applied to the bloomington gender studies dept. i saw through the results search that one person has been accepted, but haven't heard anything yet. you?

Hi all. I applied to IU, Emory and WashU..as well as UIC's program in Disability Studies. I've been outright rejected from WashU and Emory in the first week of February. I got an e-mail acceptance from IU on the 5th, their visit weekend is March 4-6. I've also been accepted to UIC's program so now I have to decide which i.nterdisciplinary subject I'm going to pursue. Good luck all.

I heard back from rutgers. they have selected 6 candidates out of 80 applicants and actually are looking for only 4!!!

waitlisted in ohio state and IU. rejected from emory, ucsb, arizona state.

waiting to hear from university of washington, penn state (geography and women's studies), and univ of maryland.

Anyone else interviewing with UT-Austin?

I am interviewing with UT Austin but I cannot make it to campus next Friday. Are you going to there or interviewing over the phone? I sent them an email opting to interview over the phone but I haven't heard anything in response.

I'm in Australia, so interviewing over the phone. I sent them an email asking what time they counted as 'evening', since the later it gets there, the more civilised the hour gets here, but I'm pretty sure I'll be talking to them at some ungodly first-thing-in-the-morning time. Haven't heard anything back.

I apped to a bunch of long shots and have only heard back from two so far:

UC Berkeley (Ethnic Studies)

University of Washington

University of Maryland

UC Riverside (Ethnic Studies)

University of British Columbia

University of Florida - Accepted

UC Santa Barbara - Rejected

Good luck to everyone out there