2017 Computational Biology/Biomedical Informatics PhD Applicants and Admission Results

Oddich55

On 3/9/2017 at 6:35 PM, Oddich55 said:

Nope!

They did mention it may take a while at the interview though... Quite suspenseful :P

Apparently 1 person has been unofficially accepted! Hopefully we should hear back soon.. Although I believe they did say it was rolling

3 hours ago, abc12321 said:

Apparently 1 person has been unofficially accepted! Hopefully we should hear back soon.. Although I believe they did say it was rolling

Hmm. For bmi or for biology? I saw someone on the biology forum say they were accepted- is that the same for bmi?

3 hours ago, abc12321 said:

Never mind- saw on the results database. Will be an interesting week - the first round may go out soon then. 

• 3 weeks later...

Did any body hear from Vanderbilt biomedical informatics program? I heard from all schools about their admission decisions except Vanderbilt. 

I got in to the program that I was excited to join, so it does not matter that much to me. I am just wondering why they did not send their decisions yet.

43 minutes ago, Oddich55 said:

On the whole did-people-hear back bandwagon, did everyone hear back from Stanford BMI? I still haven't heard anything back, so I am a little confused...

Did you hear anything from Vanderbilt? I saw that you have also applied to Vanderbilt. Good luck for Stanford, it looks like they are having hard time to decide this year.

48 minutes ago, NAGradBioInf said:

Did you hear anything from Vanderbilt? I saw that you have also applied to Vanderbilt. Good luck for Stanford, it looks like they are having hard time to decide this year.

I applied, but I didn't get the interview, so I'm afraid I'm not much help there lol!

It's getting a little stressful lol! I have no idea which side of the country I'm going to end up on or even about when I would start grad school.

On 3/31/2017 at 7:19 AM, Oddich55 said:

On the whole did-people-hear back bandwagon, did everyone hear back from Stanford BMI? I still haven't heard anything back, so I am a little confused...

I heard back a few weeks ago, but I know it's on a rolling basis, so they've been sending out 1-2 new acceptances after each committee meeting