Teacher's College 2017 Entry

vvl

52 minutes ago, pj060690 said:

I think this happened to another person. Did you by any chance apply to the PhD or M.eD program? 

The M.eD program 

2 hours ago, Happyleaves said:

What'a your last name first letter? That means they are working on your application and changing status , you shouldn't receive the decision quite soon. I am surprised they are doing this on a one by one basis....

My last name begins with an M

2 hours ago, Happyleaves said:

What'a your last name first letter? That means they are working on your application and changing status , you shouldn't receive the decision quite soon. I am surprised they are doing this on a one by one basis....

When I called today they had no idea what was going on, they thought it was me resubmitting my application.

1 minute ago, smcg92 said:

When I called today they had no idea what was going on, they thought it was me resubmitting my application.

I thought that's not even possible. From what I understand, this has happened to people who applied for a PhD and were admitted to the Master's program or those who applied to the M.eD and got admitted to the MA. 

17 hours ago, pj060690 said:

I thought that's not even possible. From what I understand, this has happened to people who applied for a PhD and were admitted to the Master's program or those who applied to the M.eD and got admitted to the MA. 

I think it's possible for Ed.M.; the final deadline is 4/15. I suspect you are right--they internally create another submission to recommend you to a different program. 

Hi guys! I was the one with the question about the new submission. I found out I was accepted today for the Masters of Arts IED program rather than the Ed.M. Anyone have any ideas on what the difference is? 

@smcg92 Do you mean the official difference? This is from the Teachers College website from the IED/CIE department:

"The Ed.M., an advanced Masters degree, is almost 30 credits more than the M.A., and will therefore give a student more practical experience in a particular field (specialization). In the field of education, an Ed.M. is recognized as more advanced, and may possibly offer a higher salary. It may also give faculty a better understanding of students' abilities, especially for students who wish to pursue a doctorate after completing the Ed.M. requirements. Applicants to the Ed.M. degree must have an M.A. already. It is common for applicants to the Ed.D. and Ph.D. programs to be accepted first into the Ed.M. program."

http://www.tc.columbia.edu/international-and-transcultural-studies/international-and-comparative-education/student-resources/faqs/

6 minutes ago, pj060690 said:

Anyone attending the virtual information session tomorrow?

It'll be 4am in the morning for me here, I don't think I can get up that early. Wonder if anyone could jot down the bulletin points perhaps? Thx!

13 hours ago, easteregg said:

@smcg92 Do you mean the official difference? This is from the Teachers College website from the IED/CIE department:

"The Ed.M., an advanced Masters degree, is almost 30 credits more than the M.A., and will therefore give a student more practical experience in a particular field (specialization). In the field of education, an Ed.M. is recognized as more advanced, and may possibly offer a higher salary. It may also give faculty a better understanding of students' abilities, especially for students who wish to pursue a doctorate after completing the Ed.M. requirements. Applicants to the Ed.M. degree must have an M.A. already. It is common for applicants to the Ed.D. and Ph.D. programs to be accepted first into the Ed.M. program."

http://www.tc.columbia.edu/international-and-transcultural-studies/international-and-comparative-education/student-resources/faqs/

Well I feel silly! I can't believe I didn't realize you had to have an MA! 

1 hour ago, bluesea1981 said:

For those of you who are still waiting, can you see links to applications for scholarships at the bottom of your application page?

Yes. When did you submit your app? Was it after the January 15th early deadline?

17 minutes ago, radiation said:

Yes. When did you submit your app? Was it after the January 15th early deadline?

No - I submitted mine on January 15. It disappeared at one point, though.

Edited by bluesea1981

The application for the scholarship link on my page isn't visible anymore. I saw it yesterday, then, this morning - POOF! Gone! Can anyone still see it?

Edited by bluesea1981

12 hours ago, pj060690 said:

,If this is the LGBT scholarship, then yes, it's gone. I thought that this was the case because I received my financial award letter yesterday

How much did you receive, if you don't mind me asking? 

On 3/24/2017 at 7:23 AM, bluesea1981 said:

No - I submitted mine on January 15. It disappeared at one point, though.

Me too can't see the application link . Does it mean anything?? Which program did you applied to?