OISE - Child Study and Education 2017/2018

OISE2016

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/9/2017 at 11:04 PM, OISE2016 said:

how is your application? 

i think it's alright, nothing special. gpa is 3.7, and 300 hours experience with children, 180 hours as a teaching assistant in a grade 4 classroom, and the rest of the hours at a early child care centre. How about you?

19 hours ago, pbear5 said:

i think it's alright, nothing special. gpa is 3.7, and 300 hours experience with children, 180 hours as a teaching assistant in a grade 4 classroom, and the rest of the hours at a early child care centre. How about you?

3.7 gpa, 1000+ hours working with children in different settings. Did you receive an interview offer? 

Does anybody know if there is still a chance at getting interviews even if one hasn't heard back yet? (If it is done in waves etc.) I have heard individuals have gotten interviews for the 28th and February 4th so far.

3 hours ago, R1995 said:

Does anybody know if there is still a chance at getting interviews even if one hasn't heard back yet? (If it is done in waves etc.) I have heard individuals have gotten interviews for the 28th and February 4th so far.

Not sure, I think the best option is emailing the program liaison  and asking 

23 hours ago, OISE2016 said:

Not sure, I think the best option is emailing the program liaison  and asking 

Thank you! I emailed and called as well but I don't have a definitive answer!

Is there anybody on here from previous years who has received or knows of anyone who received a later interview date?

Have an interview on Jan 28th, have no idea what kind of questions they're going to ask. For those waiting for an email back, it said that there are two interviewers and it is going to be half an hour long.

12 hours ago, rabschaud said:

Have an interview on Jan 28th, have no idea what kind of questions they're going to ask. For those waiting for an email back, it said that there are two interviewers and it is going to be half an hour long.

Goodluck! :) 

I wonder if other people are going to be contacted for interviews, will have to wait and see

On 1/26/2017 at 10:33 PM, rabschaud said:

How was it

Waiting out for my letter for the MT program. The wait is killing me!

Does anyone know what the conditional offer consists of? Do you have to maintain a strict mid-B average in your last year, or is a 73ish okay? 

I believe you need to maintain a mid-B average since that is one of the requirements to get into the program. I think they interview around 150-200 people for the MA child study and education, so probably not everyone who applies gets an interview.