transcripts

fred987

I ordered transcripts from my UG and all other schools attended 10 days prior to the priority deadline. It is one day after the priority deadline and the department still has not received any of them. Is this normal?

How long did it take your transcripts to reach the graduate departments you are applying to?

Four months. I wish I was kidding. But then again I first went to a really rural community college. I finally had to drive 6 hours, wait for 3 more in the registrar's office, and then threaten a lawsuit before they finally released my record. My a.b transcripts took 2-3 days processing and 5-7 days after being mailed. So arrival at about now, ish....

First it depends on how fast your school takes to process your transcripts which I assume is a week. Then the time it takes to get to the school which I assume would be 3 days. Finally, the time it takes the school to process and enter your transcript into the system which is probably another week. I say it will take a little over 2 weeks, at least that's how long it took for my stuff.

Why did you send it only 10 days prior? Unless there was a very good reason to send it 10 days prior such as changes in the transcript, then you should have requested them a month before. Take care of what you can at your earliest convenience so that you won't run into problems like this around deadline.

I tried to get them sent out earlier, but there was an issue, so they didn't get released until 10 days ago. I hoped it would get there in time since my school only has a 3 day processing time, at any rate the deadline is a priority deadline, the school has roll in admissions so I'm not too concerned. Thank you for your input.