Hey, I am wondering who else has applied to the MT program at OISE! What concentration did you apply for, what teachable(s), and what did your application look like?

I applied to intermediate/senior for biology & social science. I had volunteer experience in a high school and ~4.0 GPA average in my last two years.

• 1 month later...

Hi! I applied to the MT as well, but for Primary/Junior.

My GPA is about a 3.2

I have experience volunteering at an elementary school, at a kindergarden readiness program, I also volunteered abroad for a few weeks with under privileged children, and volunteered at a public library for two children's programs.

I also currently work for an after school program at a public school for TDSB. 

I got an interview for the MA program (child study and education), however MT was put as my first choice for OISE.

Have you applied to any other schools?  

Edited by river6

Does anybody know if there is still a chance at getting interviews even if one hasn't heard back yet? (If it is done in waves etc.) I have heard individuals have gotten interviews for the 28th and February 4th so far.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2016-12-20 at 8:40 PM, maui94 said:

Hey, I am wondering who else has applied to the MT program at OISE! What concentration did you apply for, what teachable(s), and what did your application look like?

I applied to intermediate/senior for biology & social science. I had volunteer experience in a high school and ~4.0 GPA average in my last two years.

This looks like a pretty solid application to me!

I have a 4.0 GPA as well, and applied for I/S for English and Social Sciences. I have 800+ hours of experience volunteering for a government organization that helps underprivileged students graduate high school, as well as volunteering in a classroom at a high school. 

Do you guys know what the conditional offer looks like? And whether they're picky with the average you need to maintain?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone :) I applied to the MT Primary/Junior Program.

My GPA is 3.7 I was a singing/drama instructor part time for 4 years and I have been a full time environmental educator for 1.5 years. I also have worked as a respite worker for kids with disabilities. 

This program look great. I'm anxious to find out if I've been accepted. Does anyone know when we typically hear something? Good Luck to everyone! 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ALk94 said:

Heads up, if you guys log into ROSI or ACORN there may be indication of whether you've been accepted or not! On my ROSI account the MT program is listed and the status says "invited"

Screen Shot 2017-02-21 at 6.55.05 PM.png

What does it mean if it appears on your ROSI but it says financially cancelled?

4 hours ago, ALk94 said:

I've heard other students who got in the past had that show up as well, but later on switched to "invited" and they received acceptances! 

Thank you!! I think it's because I'm still finishing my final year at U of T!!

1 hour ago, R1995 said:

No problem! That's likely why it says that. Also, try to log into ACORN and click "enroll & manage" then click "programs" and check what it says there! 

1 hour ago, R1995 said:

In another thread from last year about the MT program, someone posted that they called UofT to ask what "financially cancelled" meant and they were told that it means that your offer is conditional, because your degree(s) are still in progress! This makes sense, because I graduated last year, so my status is different than yours.

16 hours ago, ALk94 said:

In another thread from last year about the MT program, someone posted that they called UofT to ask what "financially cancelled" meant and they were told that it means that your offer is conditional, because your degree(s) are still in progress! This makes sense, because I graduated last year, so my status is different than yours.

Mine just changed from no registration history to financially cancelled as well! I hope this means we're in..

Hey guys! 

I am really confused about ACORN. I had an interview for the Child Study and Education program (it was my first choice). The MA of Teaching was my second for primary junior. I talked to the liaison at the MA Child Study program and unfortunately did not get in. However, my ACORN automatically enrolled me in the MA Teaching program for primary junior (it also says financially cancelled). Please let me know if you know what this means. I am thinking because I didn't get into my first choice it automatically let me in to my second. The MA Child Study program was completely removed from my acorn now it just shows this: 

Screen Shot 2017-02-22 at 10.56.20 AM.png

52 minutes ago, icecream151 said:

I also think "Invited" means accepted! 

From creeping old threads on this site I believe "invited" means accepted as well. But I also think just having the program show up on your ROSI probably means you got in. The MA and MT applications are evaluated differently, so it seems like you were accepted into the MT. I think we should get letters early March for 100% confirmation. 

I'm starting to wonder if the MT is worth it. I've heard mixed things. I wanted to go to OISE because I know having a masters gives me and edge and I was under the impression it gets you higher in the pay grid. But current students I know enrolled are saying going to OISE and anywhere else won't make a difference and we will be in the same category in the pay grid. I'm questioning if going to York where my tuition is lower would be a better choice if I'm going to be in the same category (A3) in the pay grid anyways. 

I think many students are worried about this because I just noticed they updated the page on the site about the MT program to include info about the pay grid. 

What at do you guys think?

image.jpeg

Edited by ALk94

Hey! Thank you so much for your response! 

That is really good to know in regards to the pay scale. The last teacher I had a placement with said she got a full time teaching position after six months because the principal liked she went to OISE although this may not be the same for everyone. I definitely know what you mean about the cost though! I called and was also told March in regards to letters going out. I honestly just want to go on a vacation till this has all passed haha. It is very stressful waiting to hear back. 

Hi everyone, I'm a bit confused and was wondering if anyone is experiencing the same thing. On ROSI it says that I am "financially cancelled" for both the MA and MT program yet when I log onto ACORN it says that I am enrolled in the MT program. Just wondering if anyone else has these inconsistencies between the different websites. I also received an email from the MA program saying that I was recommended to the registrar and was invited to the welcome reception. I am very confused! 

Hey! Mine says that I am also "Enrolled" in MA Teaching Program. If you go to Subject POSTs section on Rosi on the left hand side bar. Does your says this? I am also very confused I thought you had to first be "Invited" before "Enrolled" or "Active"? 

Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 7.52.28 AM.png

Edited by icecream151

15 hours ago, cassl said:

Hi everyone, I'm a bit confused and was wondering if anyone is experiencing the same thing. On ROSI it says that I am "financially cancelled" for both the MA and MT program yet when I log onto ACORN it says that I am enrolled in the MT program. Just wondering if anyone else has these inconsistencies between the different websites. I also received an email from the MA program saying that I was recommended to the registrar and was invited to the welcome reception. I am very confused! 

I am in the exact same position as you are! Quite confusing indeed

Edited by vvl

My status on ROSI is also financially cancelled.

I called the office of the registrar and student services of OISE this afternoon. Their response was that I shouldn't rely on the status seen on ROSI or ACORN because nothing is official. And they said the final result will be mailed to us starting early March.

23 hours ago, icecream151 said:

Hey guys! 

I am really confused about ACORN. I had an interview for the Child Study and Education program (it was my first choice). The MA of Teaching was my second for primary junior. I talked to the liaison at the MA Child Study program and unfortunately did not get in. However, my ACORN automatically enrolled me in the MA Teaching program for primary junior (it also says financially cancelled). Please let me know if you know what this means. I am thinking because I didn't get into my first choice it automatically let me in to my second. The MA Child Study program was completely removed from my acorn now it just shows this: 

Screen Shot 2017-02-22 at 10.56.20 AM.png

I can only sign in to ROSI. 

Are you currently a U of T student? How do you sign in to the ACORN or how do you get UTORid/ JOINid? 

9 hours ago, icecream151 said:

Hey! Mine says that I am also "Enrolled" in MA Teaching Program. If you go to Subject POSTs section on Rosi on the left hand side bar. Does your says this? I am also very confused I thought you had to first be "Invited" before "Enrolled" or "Active"? 

Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 7.52.28 AM.png

My ROSI says that I am INVITED! (yay!).. but I do not see anything in the Subject POSts :( hmmm(?)...