Oh yes!! They also said we will be able to meet everyone in our cohorts in June. 

Also they told us that for our practicums we get to pick which school board is our first preference. And we need to tell them which intersection we live closest to. For I/S they will try their best to give you two practicums in one teachable and two in your other subject! Lastly, they said check your inboxes regularly because they send important emails throughout the spring and summer. 

Edited by ALk94

3 minutes ago, ALk94 said:

Oh yes!! They also said we will be able to meet everyone in our cohorts in June. 

Anybody feel like making a FB group? Did anybody talk about that yesterday?

@cutekittens well congrats on accepting OISE! :)

So in terms of next steps, all we needed to do is send in our acceptance response and now just wait until summer to pay our deposit and do course registration? Just want to make sure I'm not forgetting anything!

2 minutes ago, Pidgey said:

@cutekittens well congrats on accepting OISE! :)

So in terms of next steps, all we needed to do is send in our acceptance response and now just wait until summer to pay our deposit and do course registration? Just want to make sure I'm not forgetting anything!

Yep, I believe that's it!

Just remembered, they also said we will need vulnerable sector police reference checks for our practicum in the fall. They said wait until after June to get it though, because some boards need one dated within the last six months. 

24 minutes ago, ALk94 said:

Just remembered, they also said we will need vulnerable sector police reference checks for our practicum in the fall. They said wait until after June to get it though, because some boards need one dated within the last six months. 

Oh yeah I forgot that. I need to get another one this month for my job so I was a little annoyed by that. They're expensive! 

2 minutes ago, Tshskespeare said:

Oh yeah I forgot that. I need to get another one this month for my job so I was a little annoyed by that. They're expensive! 

If your work requires it, they should pay for it?

• 1 month later...

Financially cancelled, just means that you haven't completed your year with avg required and/or proof of degree conferred not received. when you do that , it'll change to invited

- Also, does anyone knows about the written notification for current UofT students, like could we mail them or email would be fine, and do we need send diploma etc? 

Thanks in advance :) 

Accepted my offer to York. My parents keep telling me to reconsider if I should go to teacher's college because they say there are no teaching opportunities in the GTA which I think is true based on speaking to friends and other teachers.

Does anyone have any in sigh the to the job opportunities climate for being a teacher in GTA in two years Time?

Thank you in advance..

4 hours ago, Honggil said:

Accepted my offer to York. My parents keep telling me to reconsider if I should go to teacher's college because they say there are no teaching opportunities in the GTA which I think is true based on speaking to friends and other teachers.

Does anyone have any in sigh the to the job opportunities climate for being a teacher in GTA in two years Time?

Thank you in advance..

Baby boomers are retiring...

Less ppl are becoming teachers because of the two year requirement.....

And: https://news.ontario.ca/edu/en/2017/04/ontario-reducing-class-sizes-boosting-special-education.html?utm_source=ondemand&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=p

I say go for it if you are passionate about teaching... Who knows what the future will bring, but at least you will always have something to fall back on

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone! I am doing the M.A. CSE program at OISE starting September, so I'll be certified to teach K-6 by the end of the program. Anyone know anything about upgrading qualifications to teach 7-12? I love children and teaching younger children, which is why I chose this program, but it would be nice to know if I could ever have the choice to teach other grades. Thank you!

Hi everyone! 

I am applying to OISE next year and I'm wondering what GPA most accepted applicants hold. I know this is very subjective, but just looking for ideas. I.e., Is 3.0-4.0 often the range? I also just want to confirm that this program is not funded? A friend of mine told me it was, but I don't believe this is accurate. Could anyone confirm?

Thanks so much! :)  

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I've a few questions.

1. Anyone who is graduating in 2017 has the acorn/rosi requirements changed to invited from financially cancelled? Mines hasn't changed yet :(
2. Anyone who got into the UTS cohort? It'd be nice to know some people beforehand

3. Do we choose your winter electives now or around Dec session? Since they said enrolment is automatic, I'm sort of confused at that. At UTM, we had to choose our year courses in Sept

4. Any fb groups I can join? That'd help a ton :) thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi all, I'm an international student and planning to apply for a PhD (Higher Education) for fall 2018. For successful PhD applicants, may I contact you to read your Letter of Intent? I'm clueless to write a strong one. Thank you in advance.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...