1 minute ago, SanaAbu said:

Mine too. I was told SGS doesn't update until far after the official acceptance is sent 

I guess we are all just waiting for ROSI/ACORN update and the official letter ... 

Fingers crossed! -- We'll be accepted! 

12 hours ago, vvl said:

Praying that March 1st is when we get our confirmation!!  The suspense is killing me, I'm sure you're all feeling the exact same way!

I hope you're right! In past years, they apparently got an email on march 1st for the meet and greet, which is basically a confirmation. Fingers crossed!! 

2 hours ago, SanaAbu said:

I hope you're right! In past years, they apparently got an email on march 1st for the meet and greet, which is basically a confirmation. Fingers crossed!! 

Hopefully that's the case this year!! :)

From also looking at last year's post people with invited and enrolled seemed to get in but it looks like some got letters and some got emails at different times. I don't think we should stress if we don't hear right on March 1st ❤. Stay strong and de-stress! ? future teachers !

From my understanding, OISE's Master of Teaching program puts you at the A3 category on QECO's pay grid. Does anyone have any information about where the Master of Arts in Child Study and Education program puts you? Thanks in advance :) ! 

18 minutes ago, Toronto2017 said:

From my understanding, OISE's Master of Teaching program puts you at the A3 category on QECO's pay grid. Does anyone have any information about where the Master of Arts in Child Study and Education program puts you? Thanks in advance :) ! 

It puts you at the same pay scale, I asked.

the suspense is killing me....I'm in the same boat as everyone else....rosi says enrolled but 'financially cancelled' while acorn lists it as enrolled...it lists both i/j and i/s streams I applied for in MT program....does this mean I was accepted to both and now have to decide??  

34 minutes ago, Amfed said:

the suspense is killing me....I'm in the same boat as everyone else....rosi says enrolled but 'financially cancelled' while acorn lists it as enrolled...it lists both i/j and i/s streams I applied for in MT program....does this mean I was accepted to both and now have to decide??  

Mine's the exact same! I don't think you have to decide now, because I know in the physical package that gets sent in the mail, there's a letter you send back confirming the program you wish to accept. I think it's an indication of unofficial acceptance, but not 100% sure! 

I applied to OISE for the I/S division with teachables in biology and general science as well as my second program choice for the P/J divison. After checking ROSI and Acorn...it looks like I may have gotten an offer for primary/junior but not for the I/S...is that the case for anyone else? 

I really wanted to teach at the I/S division but applied to the P/J division as a backup.. I've also been accepted to York, UOIT and Western for their B.Ed (I/S divison) so I'm in quite a dilemma.

Not sure if I should go to OISE (my first choice) for the P/J division or go somewhere else and get the I/S teachables...any insight would be great :) 

2 minutes ago, eho94 said:

I applied to OISE for the I/S division with teachables in biology and general science as well as my second program choice for the P/J divison. After checking ROSI and Acorn...it looks like I may have gotten an offer for primary/junior but not for the I/S...is that the case for anyone else? 

I really wanted to teach at the I/S division but applied to the P/J division as a backup.. I've also been accepted to York, UOIT and Western for their B.Ed (I/S divison) so I'm in quite a dilemma.

Not sure if I should go to OISE (my first choice) for the P/J division or go somewhere else and get the I/S teachables...any insight would be great :) 

I would pick the age group you want to teach over the school! With OISE, you still come out at the A3 pay scale, so it really isn't all that different from any other teacher's college, it just has a better rep. I would go for whatever age group you're more passionate about teaching! 

12 minutes ago, eho94 said:

I know two people at OISE in the MT for J/I and they actually told me they can just take courses to upgrade to I/S anyways. Perhaps contact OISE to see if this is indeed an option. I am thinking it is a possibility they didn't offer admission for I/S because the biology teachable automatically leads to the ability to teach general science, rendering those two teachables as 1 teachable. 

Also, once you graduate and gain OCT you can always go back and take an additional qualification (AQ) course to add the intermediate/senior division. 

Edited by ALk94

18 minutes ago, eho94 said:

12 minutes ago, ALk94 said:

I know two people at OISE in the MT for J/I and they actually told me they can just take courses to upgrade to I/S anyways. Perhaps contact OISE to see if this is indeed an option. I am thinking it is a possibility they didn't offer admission for I/S because the biology teachable automatically leads to the ability to teach general science, rendering those two teachables as 1 teachable. 

Also, once you graduate and gain OCT you can always go back and take an additional qualification (AQ) course to add the intermediate/senior division. 

ALk94 is definitely right! You can also take AQ courses online, too, and teach different divisions with that!! 

40 minutes ago, SanaAbu said:

ALk94 is definitely right! You can also take AQ courses online, too, and teach different divisions with that!! 

OISE has been a goal for basically my entire university and high school career .. but so has teaching science been. I'm just worried that doing AQ courses would leave me less competitive with someone who did the I/S division during teachers college since I didn't get the in class practicum experiences. Do you guys think that this is a valid point? 

I'm already thinking of ways to hopefully gain experience working the grade 7-12 during teachers college, perhaps more volunteering? My mind is going wild now but I'm so appreciative of everyone's comments and advice! 

1 minute ago, eho94 said:

OISE has been a goal for basically my entire university and high school career .. but so has teaching science been. I'm just worried that doing AQ courses would leave me less competitive with someone who did the I/S division during teachers college since I didn't get the in class practicum experiences. Do you guys think that this is a valid point? 

I'm already thinking of ways to hopefully gain experience working the grade 7-12 during teachers college, perhaps more volunteering? My mind is going wild now but I'm so appreciative of everyone's comments and advice! 

In my opinion, don't pick an age group that you aren't passionate in, you aren't going to have a good experience at OISE. At the end of the day, if you are a effective educator you will get a job regardless of what school you went to. York and Western have a great name for teachers college.

14 minutes ago, eho94 said:

11 minutes ago, OISE2016 said:

In my opinion, don't pick an age group that you aren't passionate in, you aren't going to have a good experience at OISE. At the end of the day, if you are a effective educator you will get a job regardless of what school you went to. York and Western have a great name for teachers college.

I was told by my old high school teacher that doing AQ does in fact put you a little lower than those who went to teacher's college for that specific age group, and that's because you don't get the actual hands on experience, which is very valuable.

I wouldn't sweat it yet though! Official offers were mailed today, so wait and see what your official offer consists of, who knows, maybe you did get into I/S! 

3 minutes ago, SanaAbu said:

I was told by my old high school teacher that doing AQ does in fact put you a little lower than those who went to teacher's college for that specific age group, and that's because you don't get the actual hands on experience, which is very valuable.

I wouldn't sweat it yet though! Official offers were mailed today, so wait and see what your official offer consists of, who knows, maybe you did get into I/S! 

Thank you all so much for the valuable input! Really helped me weigh out the pros and cons. Will keep everyone posted on how everything goes :) 

31 minutes ago, ALk94 said:

I am so eager to check my mailbox tomorrow! When I ordered my transcript from UofT it came the next day. I am hoping they truly did mail out offers today. I should receive a letter tomorrow or Friday in that case. 

I live about an hour away from Toronto so I really hope I'll be seeing something by tomorrow or Friday!! The wait is killing me! Do you guys know if they sent out all the letters today? 

1 minute ago, SanaAbu said:

I live about an hour away from Toronto so I really hope I'll be seeing something by tomorrow or Friday!! The wait is killing me! Do you guys know if they sent out all the letters today? 

Not all letters I believe since they said they are sending out the first set of acceptances. 

Just now, OISE2016 said:

Not all letters I believe since they said they are sending out the first set of acceptances. 

Plus, they're still accepting applications for 2 divisions! It seems like they could be doing rolling admissions. Last year they were accepting applications until June!

8 minutes ago, ALk94 said:

Plus, they're still accepting applications for 2 divisions! It seems like they could be doing rolling admissions. Last year they were accepting applications until June!

Oh yeah! Well I hope we hear back soon! Also, does anyone know if there's a meet and greet this year like there was past years?