Canadian Political Science Programs- Fall 2017 cycle

somuchtoread

Also yesterday I left the McGill PS department a message pleading to them to take a look at my application in absence of the GRE -- up to that point my application status remained frozen as 'submitted' and never 'under review'. Well anyways, they responded by giving me a rejection letter today... Hey at least I tried ;). 

16 hours ago, Crème brûlée said:

@Pahi Congratulations! Montreal is a fantastic city. May I ask if your status has been also updated on the portal? 

Thank you! Looking forward to having all offers/rejections in so that I can make a decision. Status still says "under review" on the portal but I got an e-mail yesterday saying the application was successful and they'll send the official letter soon. 

14 hours ago, boruchan93 said:

Well I received another rejection. This time from UVic. 

So sorry to hear :( Don't lose heart though. There are lots of excellent programs you're waiting to hear from. Sometimes it's just about that "fit" and you never know which program you might be a great candidate for. Sending lots of good wishes you way!

52 minutes ago, Pahi said:

Thank you! Looking forward to having all offers/rejections in so that I can make a decision. Status still says "under review" on the portal but I got an e-mail yesterday saying the application was successful and they'll send the official letter soon. 

Thanks for clarification. Mine also still says "in review" and I didn't receive any news so I'm going to count it as a rejection (at least for now). Fit wasn't really great though. 

1 hour ago, DanielBean said:

Any offer from Queen's?

I'm an undergrad at Queen's and my thesis supervisor in politics was still reviewing graduate applications at the end of the week of Feb. 6-10 – not sure how useful info that is.

2 hours ago, rjkingston said:

I'm an undergrad at Queen's and my thesis supervisor in politics was still reviewing graduate applications at the end of the week of Feb. 6-10 – not sure how useful info that is.

oh no maybe they sent offers or something. Thanks for letting me know.

5 minutes ago, cinnamonchai said:

Sorry if someone had already posted this on another thread (forgive a newbie), but is anyone applying to CERES at Munk School U of T?

A friend of mine applied to this program and has still not received word on their application.

Just received a general e-mail from Alberta. Apparently they received 108 application (MA and PhD combined) and their new application system is glitchy which makes it hard for them to process the data. Mail said that their committee will meet first week of March and they will start inviting people for Skype interviews.

Has anyone contacted UBC lately? They said they should get back to us late Feb/early March so I would guess that we should expect some news next week. Also, I talked to UofT and they said that successful applicants will be contacted early March so that's probably in two weeks.

1 hour ago, _Dreamer_ said:

Has anyone contacted UBC lately? They said they should get back to us late Feb/early March so I would guess that we should expect some news next week. Also, I talked to UofT and they said that successful applicants will be contacted early March so that's probably in two weeks.

I haven't contacted UBC so thanks for getting in touch with them and U of T as well. I'm waiting to hear from both of them too! Fingers crossed. 

On 2/22/2017 at 3:45 PM, boruchan93 said:

Just received a general e-mail from Alberta. Apparently they received 108 application (MA and PhD combined) and their new application system is glitchy which makes it hard for them to process the data. Mail said that their committee will meet first week of March and they will start inviting people for Skype interviews.

That's what I got as well. Didn't even realize that they were going to do interviews

9 hours ago, Pahi said:

That's what I got as well. Didn't even realize that they were going to do interviews

I remember seeing it as a part of admissions process. They also have great funding packages.

7 hours ago, DanielBean said:

Do you guys know if there is a particular ranking of Canadian PhD Political Science programs? I haven't found any other thread that talks about it. 

Most world rankings have the option of choosing a particular country and discipline, that's the best option I think.