UChicago admission, reply before 1/15?

saverius

Hey fellow applicants!

I just got an admission to UChicago Chemistry PhD. Best Christmas gift ever! In the letter it says that I have to submit my final decision (accept/decline) before January 15, I think it's a bit odd. Isn't the deadline normally 4/15? I do have a strong inclination to fulfill PhD study in UChicago but I don't want to rush into it, especially by 1/15 I might not receive responses from most of other schools I applied to. Any suggestions?

Merry Christmas to all.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2016 at 8:17 AM, Dibenzofulvene said:

My offer letter notes the deadline as 4/15. It would be odd for the deadline to be 1/15 because the visiting days are in February and March 

Sorry I totally missed your post until now....

I was at UChicago doing summer research so a school visit might not be necessary. In the letter I was offered finishing my undergraduate study there, now think of it, that might be the reason for the early deadline. I probably have to make a decision before the spring semester starts and to make time for visa etc..

On 12/25/2016 at 6:17 PM, Dibenzofulvene said:

My offer letter notes the deadline as 4/15. It would be odd for the deadline to be 1/15 because the visiting days are in February and March 

Did your offer letter list those visiting days? I just got an offer via official email but mine doesn't say anything about visitation...  For saverius, I have 4/15 deadline as well.

1 minute ago, scimist said:

Did your offer letter list those visiting days? I just got an offer via official email but mine doesn't say anything about visitation...  For saverius, I have 4/15 deadline as well.

I received a follow-up email with visiting days: February 16th through 18th or March 9th through 11th. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2017 at 1:28 AM, Shengwei said:

Nothing yet, including notice of interview, kind of worried now 

On 1/16/2017 at 10:29 AM, sas007 said:

@Shengwei have you heard from Uchicago IME yet? I also applied but i havent heard anything yet

I am waiting too. Did you hear anything from anybody yet?