Columbia School of Social Work - 2017

adorablepancreas

On 1/24/2017 at 8:29 AM, AGLMSW said:

It's me again, lol. Anyone know when we will be hearing about financial aid? Also, anyone know if Columbia provides academic scholarships or just financial-need aid?

I think my acceptance letter said I would hear about financial aid and other matters in the coming weeks. Not entirely sure when that means! And I believe for the first year aid is all need based but I could be wrong. 

I also applied to Columbia! But in their Advanced Standing program! I'm currently a senior completing my BSSW at Syracuse! Super anxious awaiting to hear back from here and USC!

I've already heard back from Syracuse's advanced standing program, so I'm hoping I'll hear from the others, soon!

2 hours ago, Jelevy said:

I also applied to Columbia! But in their Advanced Standing program! I'm currently a senior completing my BSSW at Syracuse! Super anxious awaiting to hear back from here and USC!

I've already heard back from Syracuse's advanced standing program, so I'm hoping I'll hear from the others, soon!

I also applied to the Advanced Standing program! I am hoping we will here this week!

Edited by kiana1180

I was accepted yesterday!!!! Pretty surprised actually. I'd convinced myself I was going to be rejected! Columbia is my first choice as of now but I'll wait to make a decision until I hear about financial aid and get a decision from Hunter. adorablepancreas, where did u hear about accepted students day? Anyone receive a financial aid offer yet?

1 hour ago, Kdubbub said:

I was accepted yesterday!!!! Pretty surprised actually. I'd convinced myself I was going to be rejected! Columbia is my first choice as of now but I'll wait to make a decision until I hear about financial aid and get a decision from Hunter. adorablepancreas, where did u hear about accepted students day? Anyone receive a financial aid offer yet?

Congratulations!!! That's wonderful!!

Hopefully I will hear the result soon. The waiting is slowly killing me.

I've just been accepted!!! Wow, I'm beyond happy right now!:lol:

I applied to the clinical concentration (2 year program) with the practice focused on international social welfare and service to immigrant and refugee.

Good luck to you all! The offers are coming!

Edited by Keeli

15 hours ago, Keeli said:

I've just been accepted!!! Wow, I'm beyond happy right now!:lol:

I applied to the clinical concentration (2 year program) with the practice focused on international social welfare and service to immigrant and refugee.

Good luck to you all! The offers are coming!

Congratulations!! 

On 2/2/2017 at 7:25 AM, Kdubbub said:

Congratulations on your acceptance!

I heard about admitted students day on the facebook group that the school created for newly admitted students. I received an email to a link for the group a day or two after I was admitted. the group also has current students who we can ask questions. They were the ones that said admitted students day was April 1st. I emailed admissions to confirm and they said yes, that's what they're planning and info would go out soon. 

1 hour ago, adorablepancreas said:

Congratulations!! 

Thank you adorablepancreas!

1 hour ago, adorablepancreas said:

Congratulations on your acceptance!

I heard about admitted students day on the facebook group that the school created for newly admitted students. I received an email to a link for the group a day or two after I was admitted. the group also has current students who we can ask questions. They were the ones that said admitted students day was April 1st. I emailed admissions to confirm and they said yes, that's what they're planning and info would go out soon. 

Thanks for sharing the info. :D Definitely planning to go.

11 hours ago, 12sliders said:

For those who have heard their decision...

How long did it take from the time you got the email saying your application was complete and will now be under review to the time you heard back??

I submitted my application on November 28th, my last letter of rec was completed on the 1st of December. I got an email a few days after that saying my app was complete. I'd say somewhere around December 5th or so. I received my acceptance on January 23rd. So I guess a month and three weeks-ish?

6 minutes ago, adorablepancreas said:

I submitted my application on November 28th, my last letter of rec was completed on the 1st of December. I got an email a few days after that saying my app was complete. I'd say somewhere around December 5th or so. I received my acceptance on January 23rd. So I guess a month and three weeks-ish?

Thanks!!

crossing my fingers and toes!

Has anyone else who applied by the Dec 1st deadline still not heard back yet? And has anyone received their financial aid packages yet? For some reason, I got an email on Dec 29th saying that my application was complete even though it was complete by the 1st, so I'm wondering if that's why I still haven't heard back yet.

7 hours ago, twinklelittle said:

hi all, 

are there any international students here? if yes, have you gotten your result? the admissions office said we will be hearing back this/ next week... 

Congrats to those who got in! :) 

no I haven't got the result yet. When did you take your interview? I took mine two days ago.

I finished my application on February 1, and received an acceptance letter today! I am so excited, but the cost of the school is making me have doubts. Waiting on scholarship information.