NYU Wagner Fall 2017

FatimaM

Hello All,

Submitted my application to NYU Wagner for Fall 2017 (MPA) on Dec. 15, 2017. Received an email on Dec. 23rd stating that my application is currently being reviewed by the Admissions Committee. Creating this forum so that we may all update each other and keep in contact. Good luck everyone!

• 4 weeks later...

Is anyone else planning to do an optional interview with a Wagner admissions officer or professor?  On that note, is there anything else we can do while waiting for the March notification date? 

Edited by Rachel H.

On January 21, 2017 at 9:09 PM, baysbar94 said:

I applied on the 15th, but received my confirmation on Friday. 

Confirmation as in they received the application or acceptance confirmation

On January 25, 2017 at 4:46 PM, Rachel H. said:

Is anyone else planning to do an optional interview with a Wagner admissions officer or professor?  On that note, is there anything else we can do while waiting for the March notification date? 

How do you sign up for an optional interview?

• 2 weeks later...
On February 1, 2017 at 8:16 PM, FatimaM said:

Confirmation as in they received the application or acceptance confirmation

Confirmation that they received the application, and that I made it before the fellowship deadline. I don't think anyone has received acceptances for Fall 2017 yet. That will happen in March (I believe they listed the 10th, no?)

On February 11, 2017 at 11:01 PM, baysbar94 said:

Confirmation that they received the application, and that I made it before the fellowship deadline. I don't think anyone has received acceptances for Fall 2017 yet. That will happen in March (I believe they listed the 10th, no?)

Yes March 10 is what is listed. 

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if we all find out March 10th or any time before/on March 10? Seems like nobody has heard back yet and only 1 week to go, yet last year's replies seemed to be all over and not on any one date.

@dcguyNW My understanding is that almost everyone will hear on the 10th (or whatever the final date listed on the NYU website is each year). People who find out before the listed date are typically recipients of big fellowships. Here's hoping I'm wrong, though - I'd love to know sooner!

4 hours ago, impatientlywaiting26 said:

@dcguyNW My understanding is that almost everyone will hear on the 10th (or whatever the final date listed on the NYU website is each year). People who find out before the listed date are typically recipients of big fellowships. Here's hoping I'm wrong, though - I'd love to know sooner!

Phew, ok so that actually takes me anxiety way down. I've been refreshing my email constantly lately! Thanks, fellow DC-er!

Hi guys! I've submitted my application for the MPA program on December 15, as well. I am really nervous. Actually, I did not submit a GMAT or a GRE test, because I hadn't taken none of these two and I am worried about this. They say that it's optional but I am afraid that they want these tests. Is anybody else without a GMAT or a GRE test?? Good Luck!!

Edited by Colombus

Looks like they just updated the Admitted Students page with info about Admitted Students Day this spring (Monday, April 3)... Fingers crossed for a decision soon!

Edited by ELP14
Grammar