One more letter..

I have decided to apply to one more school on the last minute. Two of my recommendation letter writers are quite available, but one of them hasn't responded my email yet. I know he should be traveling with his family right now and he will be back when the winter break ends. He has been always very nice and supportive to me and I believe accepts my request when he reads my email.

Since the deadline is next week and time is running out, I was wondering if I should:

A. Put his name on application form and submit my application with the hope that he will be okay with one more letter when he is back.

B. Ask someone else whose letter won't really add strength to my application to write this urgent letter.

C. Wait for him until the deadline day and if he doesn't respond, forget this last application.

What do you think guys? Any suggestions would be appreciated! 

Edited by fastforward44

Definitely not C. You should not change your mind just because of one letter. 

I'd go with A. what's the harm? 

I think, B is also a bad idea. Asking someone else might not work as well (profs. usually expect students to ask them for a letter few weeks (even months) prior to deadline). but of course it depends on your relationship with your profs. 

in any event, A seems to be the best choice.

Thank you @mano!

You know I have sent him an email asking if he is okay with submitting one more letter, so I thought it might be a little bit rude to put his name on the application form without his confirmation. That's why I considered some other options... 

Edited by fastforward44

In most cases, recommendation letters are accepted late, by anything from a few days to a couple of weeks, depending on the program. Email the program coordinator and check when applications are usually reviewed, and whether it would be ok if one of your letters is slightly late.