I got an interview, now what does that mean?

sublime

Hi everyone,

I got an interview for a social psych PhD program. It's one of my top choices, so I am very excited. Does anyone know, in general, how many people get invited to psych program interview days vs how many get accepted? Also, what can I expect from the weekend?

Looking forward to your responses :)

It can be anywhere from about 15% to 80-90%...sorry, that probably doesn't help much!

As for what to expect: a lot of one-on-one meetings (probably back to back) with professors (POI and others) and possibly current students; several information sessions about life in the program; a tour of the campus, and possibly the surrounding town; and at least one nice dinner/party with time for mingling.

Congratulations, and good luck...you're officially on to the fun part of this whole process!

It can be anywhere from about 15% to 80-90%...sorry, that probably doesn't help much!

As for what to expect: a lot of one-on-one meetings (probably back to back) with professors (POI and others) and possibly current students; several information sessions about life in the program; a tour of the campus, and possibly the surrounding town; and at least one nice dinner/party with time for mingling.

Congratulations, and good luck...you're officially on to the fun part of this whole process!

How does one prepare for recruitment weekend (deciding what to say/not say at interviews, wear, bring to campus and host's home, etc.)?

Thanks!

How does one prepare for recruitment weekend (deciding what to say/not say at interviews, wear, bring to campus and host's home, etc.)?

There have been about a bajillion threads on each of these topics.

As a start, see: -- I think this and the threads linked from that thread should address most of your questions.