Welcome to the GradCafe

Hello!  Welcome to The GradCafe Forums.You're welcome to look around the forums and view posts.  However, like most online communities you must register before you can create your own posts.  This is a simple, free process that requires minimal information. Benefits of membership:

  • Participate in discussions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Search forums
  • Removes some advertisements (including this one!)
csot

Fall 2017 Acceptances/Interviews/Rejections Thread

1,223 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, waitnhope said:

Has anyone heard back from USC Sociology?

Only one I see on the results board is an acceptance from Jan 12, which is very early...  hopefully some one here knows something!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, waitnhope said:

Has anyone heard back from USC Sociology?

Yes, I was accepted Jan 12 and went to their visit day last week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, limonchello said:

Only one I see on the results board is an acceptance from Jan 12, which is very early...  hopefully some one here knows something!

Yes, it was very early! I was shocked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wondering if anybody heard anything from McGill. I know some received their PhD offers, but any MA applicants? 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, limonchello said:

Only one I see on the results board is an acceptance from Jan 12, which is very early...  hopefully some one here knows something!

 

5 hours ago, HighlyCaffeinated said:

Yes, I was accepted Jan 12 and went to their visit day last week.

Thanks for the update! I guess I'm  waiting on a rejection lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AgumonIsAPokemon said:

Wondering if anybody heard anything from McGill. I know some received their PhD offers, but any MA applicants? 

Thanks!

Hey! I applied for a masters to Mcgill, still no answer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DAD said:

Hey! I applied for a masters to Mcgill, still no answer

Hey!

I'm trying to sort out my applications (and my future), so a reply from McGill soon would be great. Hopefully they will send something out next week!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

So Yale is either going to ruin everyone's weekend or damping our week; unless someone is accepted. Lol 

Are we just waiting on U Chicago and Yale now? 

Edited by Planner101
error

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jojokitty47 said:

I am still waiting on Ohio State and Vanderbilt

Did you conclude from the "insiders list" that you were rejected from Yale? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Planner101 said:

Did you conclude from the "insiders list" that you were rejected from Yale? 

No I received a rejection email from a POI. They have sent out all of their acceptances...I don't know about waitlists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

23 hours ago, HighlyCaffeinated said:

Best of luck :) 

Thanks!! 

I don't expect that I will need much luck now that I'm in, just diligence, fortitude, and intellect, but not necessarily in that order. (Maybe I am a bit of a curmudgeon when it comes to ideas of luck. I just don't believe in it. Haha!) 

My dad likes to say that luck is when preparation meets opportunity. So I will work hard to prepare and put myself in positions where opportunity is sure to come my way. 

 

Edited by AmityDuPeuple

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, jojokitty47 said:

No I received a rejection email from a POI. They have sent out all of their acceptances...I don't know about waitlists.

Cool. I heard they made all of the offers but I didn't know that denials were already sent. It appears that the notifications went out during the first week of March last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Planner101 said:

Cool. I heard they made all of the offers but I didn't know that denials were already sent. It appears that the notifications went out during the first week of March last year. 

I havent heard from them at all, just gonna assume it's a reject...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WorldPeaceMaker2010 said:

I havent heard from them at all, just gonna assume it's a reject...

That's one way to look at it. However, if Harvard was nice enough to kindly "regret to inform" us then I am sure Yale send correspondence - good or bad - as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jojokitty47 said:

I am still waiting on Ohio State and Vanderbilt

I received a rejection mail from Vanderbilt today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, sam bay said:

I received a rejection mail from Vanderbilt today.

Yah same :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did Cornell send out all acceptances? I only see three on the results board. Last year, there were six!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I defended my thesis Friday and passed!!  I have some edits but should be done by the end of the week :D AND, the reason I got on here, is that when I e-mailed WSU to let them know I had passed I got an e-mail back from my poi saying I'm at the top of the waitlist (knew I was waitlisted previously but didn't know my position)!  There is still hope!  Anyways now I'm hoping that someone tells them no and hopefully soon so this anxiety can pass.  Good luck to everyone this week!  Hopefully this week will have some good news :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, montanem said:

Well I defended my thesis Friday and passed!!  I have some edits but should be done by the end of the week :D AND, the reason I got on here, is that when I e-mailed WSU to let them know I had passed I got an e-mail back from my poi saying I'm at the top of the waitlist (knew I was waitlisted previously but didn't know my position)!  There is still hope!  Anyways now I'm hoping that someone tells them no and hopefully soon so this anxiety can pass.  Good luck to everyone this week!  Hopefully this week will have some good news :) 

That's awesome news! I'm hoping you get off the waitlist soon and are able to attend. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@SchweinI think so. I got my acceptance back in January. I'm attending the visit day on 3/13. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jessica80 said:

@SchweinI think so. I got my acceptance back in January. I'm attending the visit day on 3/13. 

Congrats! It seems they send out rejs weeks after acceptances!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

@Schwein thank you! and sorry about that, must be frustrating!  
 
@montanem great news -- fingers crossed!
Edited by Jessica80

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Jessica80 said:
@Schwein thank you! and sorry about that, must be frustrating!  
 
@montanem great news -- fingers crossed!
 

Thank you!! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now