Online Student Asking for LOR

TAS

Hi everyone,

I am a new user to the forums and even though I am currently a junior in a BS psychology program, I am looking into the requirements for a Graduate program in school psychology. One of the requirements of course is 3 letters of recommendation (two have to be from a psychologist).  My only issue is that I am an online student and I am unsure of how to ask a professor. The university is about 20mins away from where I live, but I work full time. I try to attend some campus events when I can but as far as connecting with my professors I have not been able to yet. 

I know I still have this whole year to go before I graduate, but I want to be prepared and have an idea of who I would like to ask. Does anyone have any tips on how I can do this? 

• 2 months later...

Get to know your professors. If you don't, they can't write you a letter. If you are unable to visit their office hours, try and call them once every few weeks with questions from class or more information. don't do email, it is more impersonal and they will not get to know you. 

I am also taking online courses and a junior. I have connected with my professors through email by asking for further information etc. I have become friends with a past professor, and have simply asked for LOR.  In my experience, the professors know that you are an online student and will keep in touch as much as you do.

Best of luck!