What's Your Subfield?

menge

I'm curious what the subfield breakdown is for RS gradcafe users this year. So what subfield/s are you applying to? 

I'm applying primarily to religion in the America's, with an exception or two depending on program. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am applying to study church history with a focus on the early modern period in England.  I applied to history programs last year, but found a potential advisor (/former professor of mine in another lifetime) right up my alley who supervises in the department of religion who was interested in my application and is both an excellent theological and historian, so I'm applying to the department of religion this year.  (My application is much stronger for the department of religion anyway.  I am hoping to be cross-disciplinary enough to be able to teach both if I end up at a smaller school.)

On 1/22/2017 at 2:54 PM, magicsana said:

Religion and society, with a focus on influence of Islamic scholars on the Internet. 

That's a cool, contemporary topic!

Edited by Averroes MD

On 1/22/2017 at 4:54 PM, magicsana said:

Religion and society, with a focus on influence of Islamic scholars on the Internet. 

It's so fascinating the way the current technology boom is impacting the way people encounter religion! What line of inquiry are you following?