Admissions Blog 2017: Taking Over

Sam Anscombe

On 3/3/2017 at 1:32 AM, Tecumseh Valley said:

In the interest of crowd-sourcing information, I wonder if we could pool together what we have learned from this year's admissions cycle about acceptance rates. Many times, our acceptance letters, rejection letters, or conversations with DGSs will disclose how many people applied for how many funded spots. So, it might be interesting to pool this information together. 

I started a spreadsheet here, and included samples with two schools that have been mentioned in our forums recently - Oregon and New Mexico. 

It's an openly editable document, meaning anyone with the link can edit. 

Would it be of any use to include information on what the target size is if we know that but not how many initial offers are made?

On 3/6/2017 at 2:37 PM, shayhenckel said:

FYI for other folks waiting on Boston College, I emailed RoseMarie DeLeo today and was told that all decisions will be sent by mail "around mid-March." 

Didn't somebody already receive an acceptance about a month ago, though?

1 hour ago, shayhenckel said:

Yeah, maybe they sent out one round of acceptances? Sometimes they do it in waves.

I hope that's the case. I guess I took the email from BC to mean all of the responses would be sent out together around mid-March. It probably just meant they will all be sent out by mid-March.

22 minutes ago, Kierkegaardashian said:

I hope that's the case. I guess I took the email from BC to mean all of the responses would be sent out together around mid-March. It probably just meant they will all be sent out by mid-March.

That's what it sounded like to me too, so I'm not sure. I just wanted to know if I'm still in the running for the PhD if I haven't heard anything, which it sounds like I am. No news is good news, right?

...Right?

Screen Shot 2017-03-07 at 6.59.36 PM.png