Hey bio anth peeps! Anyone else planning on attending the PPA/AAPA conference in April? I'll be spending the entire week in New Orleans for the conference since I'm only 4 hours away. Maybe we could start a meetup or something for us all to meet each other and talk about how grad school is going for us, our research interests a little more (possibly making some future collaborators), and if you're not currently in a graduate program then maybe we can help answer some burning questions that you just haven't posted on the forums yet! If anyone's interested I can start a meetup or something for us to talk about it a little more. :)

I hope to see many of you there!

8 hours ago, bioanth said:

I'm planning on going to the AAPAs! A couple others in my cohort are also planning to go

Awesome! Yeah, a couple of people in my department are going too. Sadly the only other bio anth person in my cohort said that she likely won't be able to go. But I'm trying to convince her to go at least for 2 days. Plus I'm supposed to meet up with people from my excavation this past summer. So it'll be fun.

You're not far from NOLA either at least (you're really only an hour and a half from me). Lol. Surprised our departments don't do much together. Though my thesis co-chair and Keith are friends...so that's kind of awesome. :)

Hoping to use the meetings for professional networking as much as possible. I'm hoping to present at the PPA meetings, but still waiting on abstract approvals to come through. :( 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, anjkris said:

I'm attending! Super excited as it's my first conference :)

I'll literally be there the entire week from Monday through Sunday. Conferences are fun...I went to the AAA conference a couple of years ago and that was awesome. This will be my first PPA/AAPA conference though. But it's in New Orleans and a lot of my friends from my summer field school will be attending, so it should be a lot of fun. :)