Consecutive/overlapping interview dates

neuroslice

I've been fortunate to get a lot of interview invitations but am now trying to figure out how to arrange travel for them all. I have three interviews that are basically back to back (I will have to go straight from one to the other without returning home in between). Is it okay for me to ask for plane tickets from or to somewhere other than where I reside? I assume it'll be frowned upon to use their money to go to interviews with other schools?

And with one program I will have to miss a welcome dinner on the night we're supposed to arrive - Univ A has events throughout that day while Univ B just has a welcome dinner, so I figure that I will attend all of A's events, use the night to travel between the two and end up missing Univ B's dinner. This minimizes the amount of stuff I miss because I'm traveling during the night instead of the day, but I don't want it to look like I'm not committed to the school. Should I be up front about why I'm missing the dinner and just say I have an interview I already committed to (I committed to interview offer from A before hearing from B)?

Edited by neuroslice

Have you asked about an alternate visit date for any of the three interviews? I ask because you're bound to be exhausted by the time you get to School C and may not be able to do your best on the interview after a week of travel and being "on" all the time.