Question about transcripts and non-credit summer high school program at university?

SonGoku

Hi everyone,

In high school, I participated in a summer program for high school students at a nearby university.  I never received a grade and the courses were not eligible for college credit.  I was wondering if I still needed to provide a transcript from this university for my graduate school applications?

Usually the applications asks for transcripts from universities where you either:

1. received a degree from the school, or

2. registered in a degree program from the school.

Since it sounds like you were neither, you probably don't have to submit transcripts (to me, such a program wouldn't normally provide transcripts anyways). You can always ask your school if you are not sure.

6 minutes ago, TakeruK said:

Usually the applications asks for transcripts from universities where you either:

1. received a degree from the school, or

2. registered in a degree program from the school.

Since it sounds like you were neither, you probably don't have to submit transcripts (to me, such a program wouldn't normally provide transcripts anyways). You can always ask your school if you are not sure.

Hi!

Thanks for the response.  I recently discovered I can send my official transcript from that non-credit high school program online, only because I am taking computer science courses as a non-degree student at the same university I did in high school to apply for graduate school.  The online system gives me the option of sending either/both records.

I was originally only going to send my computer science courses (which are graded and for-credit), but now I am wondering if I should do both so grad programs have all my info.  However, I am hesitant since it seems silly to send a transcript from a non-credit high school program at my local university.