Study Abroad Transcripts

On 1/8/2017 at 5:43 AM, kadee said:

Do most programs require transcripts from study abroad, and if so official or unofficial?

I did my undergrad abroad. Most PhD programs that required official transcripts accepted notarized translations of the original diploma and transcript. You can also make notarized copies of the original document, if it's already in English.

I had to provide translations of unofficial transcripts, and they had to be done by an assermented translator recognized by the American association something. 

Yes, all official transcripts should be sent, particularly if the grades during in your study abroad are from a school that is higher-ranked than your home university and especially if your grades are good/higher during that time. Good luck!

Yes, most programs require transcripts from study abroad since they do go towards your credits earned. Most schools will let you upload scanned copies of all transcripts including those from study abroad amd will require hard copy official transcripts once you get in. I had one school that didn't require a transcript and simply had me fill in relevant info on the application, but all others wanted at least a scanned version. Just to be safe, having a scanned version of all your official transcripts on hand helps. Some schools don't care if the copies are unofficial (web printouts) some want official (seal and everything) so might as well have the latter ready. 

Getting my study abroad transcript was by far the most tedious and annoying part of my application.