2017 Acceptances

Hi, so I received an Acceptance email on Tuesday. I actually didn't want to open it, because the email just said Admission Decision. Very ominous. But I figured I would open it and then go to whateber online portal later and, to my surprise, it said Congratulations!

It's DePaul University. It's the only MA program I applied to so it's kind of Plan B, but I really like the program, so as far as backup plans go, it's definitely one I'm happy about. And it's so much pressure off of me to know that I can get 8 rejections and still be going somewhere in the fall.

Feel free to post your acceptances here. And maybe Rejections and Waitlists as well if you feel comfortable with that (unless you want to start a separate thread).

HUZZAH!!!

giphy.gif

Way to go, @JessicaLange! This is huge news, and you've officially kicked off acceptance season here at GC! For now, you're going to have a rapt audience of graduate hopefuls living vicariously through you. Well done, and congratulations!!

1 hour ago, tvethiopia said:

there's a SUNY Buffalo up now too!

1 hour ago, Wyatt's Terps said:

Whoa. That's a month earlier than usual. Interesting!

52 minutes ago, tvethiopia said:

ALL BETS ARE OFF, PEOPLE!

raw

Hi! I'm a long time lurker that finally made an account haha. That acceptance would be yours truly. :D 

6 hours ago, ProfessionalNerd said:

Hi! I'm a long time lurker that finally made an account haha. That acceptance would be yours truly. :D 

Hurrah! Way to go, ProfessionalNerd! What's your area?

I've visited Buffalo a large number of times, and know the city fairly well -- just PM me if you want any tips / general impressions etc. :)

32 minutes ago, mullcj15 said:

I applied to OSU! Freaking out because if they follow precedent, we may hear from them within the next week. *shrieks*

Yes indeed! I'm not freaking out, per se, but it's certainly exciting knowing that we'll probably know something next Friday... :o

@tvethiopia - I just died laughing at work thanks to the Kermit gif - so, so perfect.  

And Congratulations to @JessicaLange and @ProfessionalNerd!!!

34 minutes ago, mullcj15 said:

I applied to OSU! Freaking out because if they follow precedent, we may hear from them within the next week. *shrieks*

2 minutes ago, Wyatt's Terps said:

Yes indeed! I'm not freaking out, per se, but it's certainly exciting knowing that we'll probably know something next Friday... :o

I'm going to be checking my account like a crazy person all next week.  Even if I say I won't, I know I will.

On 1/13/2017 at 9:43 AM, mullcj15 said:

I'm applying there too! A friend of mine who teaches history did her PhD there, and she was sharing her alumni newsletter with me last night and I freaked out because someone I mentioned I wanted to work with had a short article in it and it was super relevant to my research interests. Now I don't know if I'm going to make it to next week without actually exploding or crying or wearing my applications folder as a hat while running screaming down the street...

Just curious-- is OSU sending out"English" and "literature"  decision letters the same or similar time? Seems the results for literature will be out next week…I've applied for their English program with the ddl of 30 Nov… anxious to know when the results are out >< 

17 hours ago, Warelin said:

OSU is rather impressive in how fast and transparent they are in the process. The Academic Program Coordinator told me they accept 30 students out of 250-300 for 18-20 spots. Their goal is to have an even mix of BA and MA-holders. Last year's cohort had 15 members.

Now I feel like I should have given it a shot! But wasn't that interested in living there... 

Good luck to us all!

The people in my program who applied to Michigan State's WRAC program (PhD) already received their acceptances/rejections. Hope that helps somebody! And good luck to everyone!