2017 Acceptances

Congrats to all the Cornell admits from someone one the waitlist? :D

I do love the irony of it taking a while to get to Ithaca, if that's where one's supposed to go, although I really hope it doesn't last for years ;)

10 minutes ago, yanicus said:

Congrats to all the Cornell admits from someone one the waitlist? :D

I do love the irony of it taking a while to get to Ithaca, if that's where one's supposed to go, although I really hope it doesn't last for years ;)

Have there been Cornell acceptances posted? I don't see any but also I am tired and loopy
Edit: also how did you get your waitlist notification? Email? TY!

Edited by shoestofollow

4 minutes ago, shoestofollow said:

Have there been Cornell acceptances posted? I don't see any but also I am tired and loopy

All I know is that the email I received claims that they "have now offered admission to students for next year's entering class"

9 minutes ago, yanicus said:

All I know is that the email I received claims that they "have now offered admission to students for next year's entering class"

Wow, there hasn't been a single acceptance on the board, and in the past there's been a whole pile of acceptances on the results board for Cornell. Maybe there's a communications mix-up?

10 minutes ago, Caien said:

Wow, there hasn't been a single acceptance on the board, and in the past there's been a whole pile of acceptances on the results board for Cornell. Maybe there's a communications mix-up?

I'm praying really hard for this theory! 

7 minutes ago, Avalanched said:

I'm praying really hard for this theory! 

Same! I applied to Cornell! I REALLY want in on their Theory department! They are one of the best schools for Literary Theory in the country! UGH!

34 minutes ago, Avalanched said:

No worries-- the rejection email showed up in my inbox a minute ago! It wasn't a long stress period :P 

Same, bit disappointed but that's life. Congratulations @piers_plowman! You're going to have some tough decisions to make!

Congrats to all the folks in at Cornell!  I did my undergrad work there and love, love, loved it.  (It was fun being an English major surrounded by engineers and future doctors.)  My information may be a little out of date as far as faculty are concerned, but be sure to invest in long johns and wool socks if you plan to brave the Ithaca winters! Oh, and beware of salt stains on your jeans.  I have vivid memories of salt stains up my calves.

5 hours ago, FeetInTheSky said:

As a person on that waitlist, I thank you! They said I'm number one on the list, so I really hope that in the MA program that lit funding can slide over to rhet/comp!

Apparently it does! I have funding for graduate school! I can go! Yippee!

2 hours ago, JessicaLange said:

Wondering the same thing. My application portal hasn't changed.

Me too! I'm freaking out. SB is the last of my top three programs that I'm waiting to hear from before I really start trying to narrow down my options. 

Congratulations to all of the Cornell acceptances today! Man...when I logged on to check the results page, it was just a TON of Cornell news! 

3 minutes ago, CrunchyMamademic said:

Awesome news! I may end up seeing you there. :) are you planning a campus visit?

I haven't heard anything about visits... maybe that info will come sooner? Do you know anything about it? I would like to see it. I've never been to Nebraska. Maybe visits are only for PhD and not for MA (Also we can totally switch to PMs so we don't crowd this thread with Nebraska, if you like).

13 minutes ago, yanicus said:

Oh man oh man oh man I just got call from my co-dream-school (it's prudent to have two). AHHH I'M FREAKING OUT

And the winner is??

30 minutes ago, FeetInTheSky said:

Apparently it does! I have funding for graduate school! I can go! Yippee!

Congratulations!!

6 minutes ago, piers_plowman said:

And the winner is??

Oh I learned my lesson about not posting specifics so people aren't made more sad or anxious about their applications. We're all in this boat together, and I know how non-functioning I've been in the past couple of weeks, so I'd rather not publicize yet (especially because of the awfulness of implied rejections).

1 minute ago, RydraWong said:

That's awesome, congrats!! Was worried the Lit funding wasn't gonna convert to rhet/comp but I'm so glad they let you know about it so promptly :)

Yes they did! Thanks so much. (I know you didn't do it to do me a favor, but I still feel indebted.) 

6 minutes ago, FeetInTheSky said:

Yes they did! Thanks so much. (I know you didn't do it to do me a favor, but I still feel indebted.) 

Congratulations man. I was told that I am "high" on the list. I assume now that you've got your funding I'm higher. =D *fingers crossed*

25 minutes ago, yanicus said:

Oh I learned my lesson about not posting specifics so people aren't made more sad or anxious about their applications. We're all in this boat together, and I know how non-functioning I've been in the past couple of weeks, so I'd rather not publicize yet (especially because of the awfulness of implied rejections).

You should go ahead and post Yanicus, this is supposed to be a celebratory thread! And anyway, the reason we check results boards is because we'd rather an implied rejection than limbo.

Btw if the Princeton offer is you: 1. Congratulations, and 2. I'm already a hot mess and I dare say so are the others still waiting so no harm having your moment!