2017 Acceptances

On 01/03/2017 at 9:46 AM, manals said:

Hi, I'm new here and wanted to say hello. I'm sorry I'm posting this now, but I wanted to let you guys - especially @BLK1222 and @ShakesRos - know that I did receive an acceptance from Tufts' English Lit PhD program on 2/15/2016 and a rejection from Northeastern's PhD on 2/21/2016. I'm ecstatic because Tufts was one of my top 3 schools - my main fields are Postcolonial Theory & Lit and Global Anglophone Literatures - and they were the first to reach out and put me out of my waiting misery. I am still waiting on the PhD programs from Brandeis, Boston University, and Boston College, so I'll let you know when I hear something. I'm sorry that I don't know what the best thing to do is, but maybe email Tufts to ask since they have made decisions. I hope you all get good news - Good Luck!

Hi! I was just waitlisted for Tufts! Have you heard from Brandeis?

54 minutes ago, natalielouise said:

Does anyone want to claim the recent U Washington acceptances? Some are for PhD and I think one was MA with funding. That and Oregon are the only schools I'm still waiting to hear back from! 

Sorry to everyone else still in limbo and congratulations to the recent acceptances!! 

I was accepted  into the MFA program at the university of Washington in Seattle. However I am still waiting to hear about funding. I am also assuming that different departments will send out letters at different times?

Edited by Causofit

11 hours ago, la_mod said:

What's up with Michigan taking so long to send out all rejections? I've accepted my implied rejection, but there's 0.000001% of me like "what if it's ACTUALLY a wait-list???"

I just got my rejection from Michigan yesterday via email--I know they sent out a bunch of waitlist offers like two weeks ago, so unfortunately you'll probably be hearing the bad news soon, too. 

Is anyone here the person who posted in the results about UCSC creative/critical concentration decisions? I don't want to clog up that page with chatting for obvious reasons, but I applied to that concentration and haven't seen any decisions around -- message me if it was you and you'd like to talk! :D

I was accepted to the University of Florida today!!! I got the call while on the way to the airport and had to pull over/let my fiancé drive. I may cry on the plane...

Also may have audibly squealed while talking with the DGS. (Super professional, I know.) Once I have more info, I'll be sure to share! 

Ahhhh so happy!!!

18 minutes ago, biyutefulphlower said:

I was accepted to the University of Florida today!!! I got the call while on the way to the airport and had to pull over/let my fiancé drive. I may cry on the plane...

Also may have audibly squealed while talking with the DGS. (Super professional, I know.) Once I have more info, I'll be sure to share! 

Ahhhh so happy!!!

Oh! I am SO SO happy for you!! I know how worried you were about being shutout, so getting an acceptance at this late stage is absolutely huge for you!

I received some very disappointing news earlier today, and was feeling rather miserable, but hearing this makes me feel a lot better. Many congratulations to you -- very much deserved!!

On 3/4/2017 at 3:09 PM, biyutefulphlower said:

Ahhhh so happy!!!

coolest-boom-gif.gif

Way to go!!!!!

On 3/2/2017 at 11:40 AM, orphic_mel528 said:

Pete, what kind of plants are we talking here? 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I am from California.... So..... :)

I am totally joking! I stated that I was in the wrong thread, but since you asked I will tell you! I am primarily interested in and my research focused on crop plants, namely legumes. I work on the legume-rhizobia symbiosis and how understanding the symbiosis can have positive impacts on sustainable agriculture in many impoverished and non-industrialized countries (many in Africa).

Again, thank you all for cutting me some slack :)

2 hours ago, Plantguypete said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I am from California.... So..... :)

I am totally joking! I stated that I was in the wrong thread, but since you asked I will tell you! I am primarily interested in and my research focused on crop plants, namely legumes. I work on the legume-rhizobia symbiosis and how understanding the symbiosis can have positive impacts on sustainable agriculture in many impoverished and non-industrialized countries (many in Africa).

Again, thank you all for cutting me some slack :)

That's amazing work, Pete. Thanks for doing what you do :) 

On 3/3/2017 at 5:21 PM, ShakesRos said:

Hi! I was just waitlisted for Tufts! Have you heard from Brandeis?

That's wonderful news! Good luck. And no, unfortunately, I have still not heard from Brandeis or BU. I wish they'd let me know soon because I do want to make a decision now.

3 hours ago, manals said:

That's wonderful news! Good luck. And no, unfortunately, I have still not heard from Brandeis or BU. I wish they'd let me know soon because I do want to make a decision now.

Brandeis is killing me! I think I have checked my email and that website a thousand times..today alone! Are you going to the visiting days at Tufts?

Edited by ShakesRos

A few updates:

I was accepted into Marquette, interviewed for Stony Brook, and waitlisted for Iowa.

This is my first waitlist in the midst of 5 other acceptances, but I am pretty certain I've either been waitlisted or rejected at Oregon and Florida.

Difficult decisions lie ahead! *shakes with nerves*

Anyone also waiting on the University of Utah? It seems like it should be coming up, but just wanted to ask! I saw a couple of waitlists posted on the survey, but I'm thinking those are for CW? :)

Just got my rejection from U of Oregon. I am bummed because it was one of my "safe" schools (and an excellent program), but my application was very rushed and the program was not the best for me. I applied mostly for the location and the university, not personal fit (as I have learned - huge mistake!) 

Good luck to everyone still waiting!!! 

11 hours ago, ShakesRos said:

Brandeis is killing me! I think I have checked my email and that website a thousand times..today alone! Are you going to the visiting days at Tufts?

Ahem... SAAAAAAMEEEE! Brandeis just tell us already! Jeeze!

4 hours ago, natalielouise said:

Just got my rejection from U of Oregon. I am bummed because it was one of my "safe" schools (and an excellent program), but my application was very rushed and the program was not the best for me. I applied mostly for the location and the university, not personal fit (as I have learned - huge mistake!) 

Good luck to everyone still waiting!!! 

You shouldn't be bummed, then, since it clearly wasn't a good fit!