2017 Acceptances

Delighted to FINALLY be a legitimate poster here! I got into Villanova, yay!!!! I'm waiting to know more about funding (they said within the next two days) before getting extremely excited (I already texted all my friends), but I'm relieved to have received an acceptance, and no less from them :)

2 hours ago, Yanaka said:

Delighted to FINALLY be a legitimate poster here! I got into Villanova, yay!!!! I'm waiting to know more about funding (they said within the next two days) before getting extremely excited (I already texted all my friends), but I'm relieved to have received an acceptance, and no less from them :)

Yanaka!!! Congratulations!!!! This is the best news I've heard in days! Way to go! You've had so many bad blows this cycle, and I'm so incredibly relieved that you finally have some fantastic news!

Thankfulness to you and to my other supporters is all I am right now! 

34 minutes ago, Old Bill said:

Yanaka!!! Congratulations!!!! This is the best news I've heard in days! Way to go! You've had so many bad blows this cycle, and I'm so incredibly relieved that you finally have some fantastic news!

Edited by Yanaka

3 hours ago, Yanaka said:

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

This is wonderful. You must feel so good! 

1 hour ago, FeetInTheSky said:

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

This is wonderful. You must feel so good! 

I do!! It's baboom, baboom in my chest :) 

6 hours ago, Yanaka said:

Hey!! congratulations! Which programme is it??

Edited by steve3020

2 minutes ago, steve3020 said:

I'm very happy for you! You deserve it!

Thank you!! That's adorable and super encouraging:) 

8 minutes ago, kaleembogor said:

I got accepted into 3 different programs, 3 different universities and 3 different countries.. Now really confused... 1. MA South East Asian Studies SOAS University of London, 2. Master of Management Science, University of Waterloo (canada), 3. Master of Science Economics, The New School (NY)... 

SOAS is my passion!! Waterloo is affordable and my career.. The New School also relate to what I do now.. 

Plz share your ideas and suggestions...

Wrong forum, I think?

8 hours ago, Yanaka said:

Ahhhhh!!!  Congratulations!!! This is so, super wonderful!!! :D I hope you've been in celebration mode since the acceptance came through~~

4 minutes ago, biyutefulphlower said:

Ahhhhh!!!  Congratulations!!! This is so, super wonderful!!! :D I hope you've been in celebration mode since the acceptance came through~~

I'm a little anxious about funding... but yes I've been spamming a couple friends (and my mom!) about it! I know what I'm gonna do tonight... check out apartments and cat adoption sites... haha !

47 minutes ago, kaleembogor said:

Thanks for the comment.. so where should I post? I also created a post ..

This section of the forum is about sharing excitement, and I for one don't give a good goddamn if you're an ichthyologist. If you want to come here and share good news, you're welcome. Unfortunately, all we know about in a studies perspective is words, so if you need discussion about programs or funding, we can't support you there.

Are you an ichthyologist? If so, what's your opinion of the biodiversity in Spongebob Squarepants, because it seems to me there's intermingling between fresh and saltwater species there and I'm not sure about the accuracy of that.

3 minutes ago, orphic_mel528 said:

This section of the forum is about sharing excitement, and I for one don't give a good goddamn if you're an ichthyologist. If you want to come here and share good news, you're welcome. Unfortunately, all we know about in a studies perspective is words, so if you need discussion about programs or funding, we can't support you there.

Are you an ichthyologist? If so, what's your opinion of the biodiversity in Spongebob Squarepants, because it seems to me there's intermingling between fresh and saltwater species there and I'm not sure about the accuracy of that.

Oh oke I am sorry.. I will remove my posts then...

3 minutes ago, orphic_mel528 said:

Answer the question, Mr. Bogor. Are you or are you not an ichthyologist? 

2 minutes ago, kaleembogor said:

I am not..

Don't mind Mel. She hasn't had her daily dose of prune juice yet, and she gets a little surly when that's the case.

2 minutes ago, kaleembogor said:

Old languages.. particularly the Old Javanese... interested in Indonesia

That's amazing. So much of foreign language studies focuses on the romantic languages, so it's refreshing to see someone have such a specialized focus.

You'll probably find a lot of helpful info in this section of GC: http://forum.thegradcafe.com/forum/39-languages/

Best of luck with your endeavors!