SDSU MSW Fall 2017

mrnmgn

I decided to start this thread because 1. I haven't seen many people talk about SDSU and 2. I'm getting very anxious about my decision coming in lol.

I submitted my application October 31st and I think my GRE scores were posted about a week after that.

I know that yesterday was the cut off date to submit test scores and transcripts so I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything.

My stats

Social work major & psych minor (will graduate spring 2017)

GPA: 4.0

GRE: 4.5

2 internships and about 700 hours or social services work.

I don't even think anxious describes how i'm feeling!! I submitted December 15th and GRE posted January 4th. 

Stats

Double major: Sociology and Psychology

GPA: 3.3

GRE: 5

Around 4,000 work hours with case management at the office of student conduct at my university, educated college students for Alcohol and other drug prevention department at my university, policy/bylaw revision for national sorority organization, and after school teacher at a developmentally inclusive program K-8th.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been mostly a lurker but I wanted to share that I've been accepted into SDSU's 2 year program!! I got my email yesterday (Feb 10)! 

Applied Dec 10...In January they told me there was a problem with my GRE so they very generously allowed me to retake it which I did on Jan 31. Scores were reported to them the same day I got my acceptance. My first writing score was 4.5 and the second was 4.

GPA: 3.77

Majors: Women's Studies and Latin American Studies, Spanish Minor

And at time of application I had about 1800 hours of volunteering and part time work with various populations (low income women, homeless individuals, people with developmental disabilities, LGBTQ, etc) in both micro and macro roles. 

SDSU was my first choice so I will be attending. Excited to meet whoever else ends up going!! :)

20 hours ago, fanzzublay said:

I've been mostly a lurker but I wanted to share that I've been accepted into SDSU's 2 year program!! I got my email yesterday (Feb 10)! 

Applied Dec 10...In January they told me there was a problem with my GRE so they very generously allowed me to retake it which I did on Jan 31. Scores were reported to them the same day I got my acceptance. My first writing score was 4.5 and the second was 4.

GPA: 3.77

Majors: Women's Studies and Latin American Studies, Spanish Minor

And at time of application I had about 1800 hours of volunteering and part time work with various populations (low income women, homeless individuals, people with developmental disabilities, LGBTQ, etc) in both micro and macro roles. 

SDSU was my first choice so I will be attending. Excited to meet whoever else ends up going!! :)

Congratulations!!!

Just received my acceptance to the 2 year program! My application was submitted December 15, GRE score posted January 4th, and application was under review with graduate committee January 6th! Only 7 days to decide, no word of a deposit or financial aid yet. Good luck to you all! 

I received my acceptance earlier today. My application was submitted December 14th, and I had transcripts and everything in within the week. I think it was updated to "Dept reviewing..." on December 21st.

My stats:

GPA: 3.2

AWA: 5

2000+ hours of experience doing tobacco cessation research

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 3/12/2017 at 1:13 PM, Hannah Kat Foster said:

To just update everyone, I did get into the program! The 3-year track :D

Congrats! I got into the 3-year track as well! Will you be accepting?