WUSTL Fall 2017

CCD2016

42 minutes ago, MSWorbust said:

How long did it take for you to be accepted after your application was completed?

I turned my application maybe 2 hours before the early action deadline (12.15.16) and received my admission decision dated 1.11.17 on Friday 11.13.17

• 2 weeks later...

I applied 12/16 (due to late LOR) and heard back on the 26th. I got in! But I got the nomination for the scholarship interview process. I'm glad I got in but the school will only be feasible for me if I get well above the minimum scholarship.

Anyone else doing the scholarship interviews? I'm really nervous about it! 

Congrats to everyone!! :)

I was asked to do scholarship interviews as well. Has anyone heard any information about it? I was scheduled to visit the campus later this month, before I got my acceptance. I wonder if that will change the interview format from online to in person.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, HB824 said:

Did anyone do their interview yet?

I did mine. I did fine, but the questions were definitely not what I was expecting. I was able to answer everything, but I couldn't really go in depth with such a short time frame. And the last written one was basically what was already on my personal statement, so I'm not sure how helpful that is for the committee.

Happy about that two week turnaround time though! ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2017 at 9:09 PM, Alina38 said:

I did mine. I did fine, but the questions were definitely not what I was expecting. I was able to answer everything, but I couldn't really go in depth with such a short time frame. And the last written one was basically what was already on my personal statement, so I'm not sure how helpful that is for the committee.

Happy about that two week turnaround time though! ?

Alina38, can you tell me a little more about what the questions were like on the scholarship interview? What sort of things did they ask? Thanks!

On 3/7/2017 at 6:46 PM, MSWorbust said:

Alina38, can you tell me a little more about what the questions were like on the scholarship interview? What sort of things did they ask? Thanks!

Hey! The interview questions were pretty "standard." One that I remember was something like "Talk about a time where you disagreed with someone about something, how did you handle it and how did it change your relationship?" The rest of them were pretty unmemorable, honestly. With such a short amount of time to respond, I thought it was really difficult to get the point across and try not to go into it too deep. So I'd focus on trying to be as concise as possible. The last question was a typed response with 5 minutes to respond. It was basically one of the same questions from the personal statement about our professional goals. 

Hope this helps!