Interviews and their correlation to acceptance

I have been invited to two interviews for grad programs. My stats aren't great, so I am extremely happy to be selected to even interview. I was wondering how many interviewees actually get rejected from schools after an interview. Sidenote, I am kind of freaking out about the interviews. I'm kind of awkward so I'm scared of making a fool out of myself. 

I got waitlisted after an interview. The thing I probably answered most poorly was why I wanted to go there, which at the time, I wasn't convinced about going and had other offers so I couldn't describe well why I applied. Surprisingly I got accepted from the waitlist and ended up attending that school anyway. 

2 hours ago, speechietobecle said:

I have been invited to two interviews for grad programs. My stats aren't great, so I am extremely happy to be selected to even interview. I was wondering how many interviewees actually get rejected from schools after an interview. Sidenote, I am kind of freaking out about the interviews. I'm kind of awkward so I'm scared of making a fool out of myself. 

You should go to your school's career center and do a mock interview.  It will really help you think about the questions ahead of time and take some pressure off.  

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you to all who answered!

I completed my interviews at University of Toledo and Baldwin Wallace University, both in Ohio this past week. 

I think they went ok, the second one definitely went better than the first because I knew more of what to expect. 

Haven't heard back from anywhere yet, but since the interviews were only a week ago, that's not unexpected. 

On 1/15/2017 at 8:39 PM, ImHis said:

When I applied to Syracuse, 190 of us were interviewed. From there, 60 were offered admissions and about 40-45 accepted.

how was the syracuse interview?

• 1 month later...
On 1/31/2017 at 3:54 PM, kayyyyy_ said:

how was the syracuse interview?

It was short and the clinical director interviewed me. They asked about why you want to go to the program, what experiences you had and why SLP. Good luck!

I had five interviews (2 in person and 3 Skype). I was accepted into 3/3 of the programs I had a skype interview at, and 1/2 programs I had an in-person interview at. I was rejected to the other program I had an in-person interview it. The school I was rejected to was my first interview- not sure if it was my skills, or just the fit. 

I interviewed at 2 places, got accepted to one and waitlisted at another. Personally, I think it was due to the fit. Both were group interviews, and I didn't feel like I did particularly better in the interview for the program that accepted me. I was, however, definitely more excited for that program and maybe that came across in person. I'm not sure how many interviewees were accepted into the program that admitted me, but for the one where I was waitlisted, I believe about 100 people interviewed and around 25 were accepted.

Best of luck to you! I hope you hear good news very soon :)