Mistake in Submitted Resume?

cbx2v

Hey all!

I just finished applying for several schools, and on a couple of my resumes I have an incorrect date range for one of my volunteer activities. I (think) I accidentally added an extra six months to one my volunteer positions. I had guessed on the range because I couldn't remember-- my old resumes use a vague "Winter 2014 to Present" and the email I used to set up the volunteer opportunity deletes anything over 1.5 years old. So I guessed February, primarily because I remembered it sucked outside when I went for the interview and the weather in February sucks. I haven't looked at my LinkedIn in a while and lo and behold that volunteer opportunity was listed on there as October 2014 to present. So I am (guessing) that's the right date. I mean who knows. Maybe I put it wrong on my LinkedIn too... If it is right then my guessing is way off. Should I contact the schools and tell them the dates for that position are off? 

I'm not entirely sure how your math adds up, but either way I don't think it's that big a deal. You might email the schools and ask to replace your old CV with the new one because you noticed a small mistake, but I don't think you need to worry if any school won't agree to replace the CV. It's just a small error. 

On 1/16/2017 at 2:31 AM, BigThomason51 said:

I really think you're overthinking this.  Small discrepancies like this are okay.  What wouldn't be okay would be if you had put an incorrect GPA, test scores, or anything along those lines.

On 1/16/2017 at 2:49 AM, fuzzylogician said:

I'm not entirely sure how your math adds up, but either way I don't think it's that big a deal. You might email the schools and ask to replace your old CV with the new one because you noticed a small mistake, but I don't think you need to worry if any school won't agree to replace the CV. It's just a small error. 

Thank you to both of you! I really appreciate your input. I agree that I'm overthinking this-- something I have done throughout this entire application process... Also, my math does not at add up at all. It's closer to eight months. I was worried and tired and wrote this post without double checking my math. If I can figure out when I actually started volunteering I'll call the school and let them know, otherwise, I'll let it go since  probably doesn't matter that much.

Thanks for your help!