MPA/MPP Applications, Fall 2017 (Canada)

toward the ocean

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I was hoping if you guys could give me your opinions on my chances of getting into an MPA/MPP/MPPA program. I am hoping for SFU, UVIC, Queens or Carleton. I know it really depends on each case, but I was hoping you could just give me some opinions so I know whether I should wait to get some more experience and be more competitive or if I have a shot right now. 

I have a CGPA of 3.18 and a last two GPA of 3.48 (really only got myself together in my last year). I have done 1 summer internship with the OPS in policy and have 8 months of research assistant experience with u of t. I have a variety of different work and volunteer experiences and decent letter of references, but nothing too special. What do you guys think from your experiences? Which schools would reasonably admit me?

Thanks

Edited by vpuoft

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

For those of you who tried to enrol in Fall 2017 and Winter 2018 courses for U of T's MPP program at 6:00am, you may have noticed that ACORN stated enrolllment was not yet available. However, Petra looked into the issue immediately and it was rectified shortly thereafter. You can now enroll!

All the best.

Edited by YouniK

• 9 months later...
On 4/6/2017 at 2:40 PM, ADhalwani said:

Hey folks,

Was wondering if anyone knew about the Ryerson MA Public Policy and Administration program, and how it compares to U of T/ SPPG MPP. I have received funding from Ryerson, and the program is definitely shorter (one year compared to U of T's 2 years MPP). Can anyone let me know how they might differ in terms of their reputation and if the increased tuition at U of T is worth it?

Thanks!  

Hi there! Were you able to get any more information on Ryerson's program? I'm currently debating on whether to go to Ryerson or to UofT! Any information that could make my decision a bit easier would be greatly appreciated :) Also, if you could let me know where you ended up going, and how you came to a decision, that would be great as well! Thnx!